Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo Post 302678171 by chidori on Friday 27th of July 2012 11:00:39 AM
Old 07-27-2012
i know that ssh -t is a work around. just wanted to know some other way and tried bit of googling and got an update that commenting out requiretty from sudoers file will also fix the issue but it aint work.

any suggestions please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo not allow User to run sed

Hello, As recommended by the moderators I will start my questions here... I am a little confused by my Linux (CentOS/RHEL) distribution's sudo mechanism. Or perhaps I just do not know how to use sudo. I can run a sed command as the root user but it fails to write a root-owned directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duderonomy
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi Gurus: Can you help me get out of this message ? I already commented out the ff line in /etc/sudoers file but still prompts me for this message. #Defaults requiretty -sh-3.2$ ./check_diskErrors itag3.pm.staging.intra /dev/sda sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
3 Replies

4. AIX

Run sudo to another user

Run sudo to another user . I have two users in my AIX system appadmin (Application admin ) and appuser (Application user) Application Admin user has special permission to run every thing about this application. I have one script called /usr/app.sh Only appadmin has permission to run this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error - sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi I am trying to automate the deployment of a tar ball onto a set of remote servers and am getting this error from the ssh - sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified What I have done is add some code into the user's ssh key that does a few things like delete the existing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

i am trying overide the below error sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudoi am aware of ssh -t option. But just experimenting with OS :D So, tried commenting out Defaults requiretty from my sudoers file after which i am getting the below error sudo: no tty present and no askpass... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi I have an Oracle DBA that is trying to install an RPM from Stratavia which is a web based portal and it executes the following: Instance Wrapper=sudo -u oracle /opt/datapalette/jython/jython Server Wrapper=sudo -u root /opt/datapalette/jython/jython I've compared the /etc/sudoers... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff-fafa
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies
SUDOREPLAY(8)                                               BSD System Manager's Manual                                              SUDOREPLAY(8)

NAME
sudoreplay -- replay sudo session logs SYNOPSIS
sudoreplay [-hnR] [-d dir] [-f filter] [-m num] [-s num] ID sudoreplay [-h] [-d dir] -l [search expression] DESCRIPTION
sudoreplay plays back or lists the output logs created by sudo. When replaying, sudoreplay can play the session back in real-time, or the playback speed may be adjusted (faster or slower) based on the command line options. The ID should either be a six character sequence of digits and upper case letters, e.g. 0100A5, or a pattern matching the iolog_file option in the sudoers file. When a command is run via sudo with log_output enabled in the sudoers file, a TSID=ID string is logged via syslog or to the sudo log file. The ID may also be determined using sudoreplay's list mode. In list mode, sudoreplay can be used to find the ID of a session based on a number of criteria such as the user, tty or command run. In replay mode, if the standard input and output are connected to a terminal and the -n option is not specified, sudoreplay will operate interactively. In interactive mode, sudoreplay will attempt to adjust the terminal size to match that of the session and write directly to the terminal (not all terminals support this). Additionally, it will poll the keyboard and act on the following keys: ' ' or ' ' Skip to the next replay event; useful for long pauses. ' ' (space) Pause output; press any key to resume. '<' Reduce the playback speed by one half. '>' Double the playback speed. The session can be interrupted via control-C. When the session has finished, the terminal is restored to its original size if it was changed during playback. The options are as follows: -d dir, --directory=dir Store session logs in dir instead of the default, /var/log/sudo-io. -f filter, --filter=filter Select which I/O type(s) to display. By default, sudoreplay will display the command's standard output, standard error and tty output. The filter argument is a comma-separated list, consisting of one or more of following: stdin, stdout, stderr, ttyin, and ttyout. -h, --help Display a short help message to the standard output and exit. -l, --list [search expression] Enable ``list mode''. In this mode, sudoreplay will list available sessions in a format similar to the sudo log file format, sorted by file name (or sequence number). If a search expression is specified, it will be used to restrict the IDs that are dis- played. An expression is composed of the following predicates: command pattern Evaluates to true if the command run matches the POSIX extended regular expression pattern. cwd directory Evaluates to true if the command was run with the specified current working directory. fromdate date Evaluates to true if the command was run on or after date. See Date and time format for a description of supported date and time formats. group runas_group Evaluates to true if the command was run with the specified runas_group. Note that unless a runas_group was explicitly specified when sudo was run this field will be empty in the log. runas runas_user Evaluates to true if the command was run as the specified runas_user. Note that sudo runs commands as user root by default. todate date Evaluates to true if the command was run on or prior to date. See Date and time format for a description of supported date and time formats. tty tty name Evaluates to true if the command was run on the specified terminal device. The tty name should be specified without the /dev/ prefix, e.g. tty01 instead of /dev/tty01. user user name Evaluates to true if the ID matches a command run by user name. Predicates may be abbreviated to the shortest unique string. Predicates may be combined using and, or and ! operators as well as '(' and ')' grouping (note that parentheses must generally be escaped from the shell). The and operator is optional, adjacent predicates have an implied and unless separated by an or. -m, --max-wait max_wait Specify an upper bound on how long to wait between key presses or output data. By default, sudoreplay will accurately reproduce the delays between key presses or program output. However, this can be tedious when the session includes long pauses. When the -m option is specified, sudoreplay will limit these pauses to at most max_wait seconds. The value may be specified as a floating point number, e.g. 2.5. -n, --non-interactive Do not prompt for user input or attempt to resize the terminal. The session is written to the standard output, not directly to the user's terminal. -R, --no-resize Do not attempt to resize the terminal to match the terminal size of the session. -s, --speed speed_factor This option causes sudoreplay to adjust the number of seconds it will wait between key presses or program output. This can be used to slow down or speed up the display. For example, a speed_factor of 2 would make the output twice as fast whereas a speed_factor of .5 would make the output twice as slow. -V, --version Print the sudoreplay versions version number and exit. Date and time format The time and date may be specified multiple ways, common formats include: HH:MM:SS am MM/DD/CCYY timezone 24 hour time may be used in place of am/pm. HH:MM:SS am Month, Day Year timezone 24 hour time may be used in place of am/pm, and month and day names may be abbreviated. Note that month and day of the week names must be specified in English. CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS ISO time format DD Month CCYY HH:MM:SS The month name may be abbreviated. Either time or date may be omitted, the am/pm and timezone are optional. If no date is specified, the current day is assumed; if no time is specified, the first second of the specified date is used. The less significant parts of both time and date may also be omitted, in which case zero is assumed. The following are all valid time and date specifications: now The current time and date. tomorrow Exactly one day from now. yesterday 24 hours ago. 2 hours ago 2 hours ago. next Friday The first second of the Friday in the next (upcoming) week. Not to be confused with ``this Friday'' which would match the Friday of the current week. last week The current time but 7 days ago. This is equivalent to ``a week ago''. a fortnight ago The current time but 14 days ago. 10:01 am 9/17/2009 10:01 am, September 17, 2009. 10:01 am 10:01 am on the current day. 10 10:00 am on the current day. 9/17/2009 00:00 am, September 17, 2009. 10:01 am Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am, September 17, 2009. Note that relative time specifications do not always work as expected. For example, the ``next'' qualifier is intended to be used in con- junction with a day such as ``next Monday''. When used with units of weeks, months, years, etc the result will be one more than expected. For example, ``next week'' will result in a time exactly two weeks from now, which is probably not what was intended. This will be addressed in a future version of sudoreplay. Debugging sudoreplay sudoreplay versions 1.8.4 and higher support a flexible debugging framework that is configured via Debug lines in the sudo.conf(5) file. For more information on configuring sudo.conf(5), please refer to its manual. FILES
/etc/sudo.conf Debugging framework configuration /var/log/sudo-io The default I/O log directory. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/log Example session log info. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/stdin Example session standard input log. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/stdout Example session standard output log. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/stderr Example session standard error log. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/ttyin Example session tty input file. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/ttyout Example session tty output file. /var/log/sudo-io/00/00/01/timing Example session timing file. Note that the stdin, stdout and stderr files will be empty unless sudo was used as part of a pipeline for a particular command. EXAMPLES
List sessions run by user millert: # sudoreplay -l user millert List sessions run by user bob with a command containing the string vi: # sudoreplay -l user bob command vi List sessions run by user jeff that match a regular expression: # sudoreplay -l user jeff command '/bin/[a-z]*sh' List sessions run by jeff or bob on the console: # sudoreplay -l ( user jeff or user bob ) tty console SEE ALSO
script(1), sudo.conf(5), sudo(8) AUTHORS
Many people have worked on sudo over the years; this version consists of code written primarily by: Todd C. Miller See the CONTRIBUTORS file in the sudo distribution (https://www.sudo.ws/contributors.html) for an exhaustive list of people who have contrib- uted to sudo. BUGS
If you feel you have found a bug in sudoreplay, please submit a bug report at https://bugzilla.sudo.ws/ SUPPORT
Limited free support is available via the sudo-users mailing list, see https://www.sudo.ws/mailman/listinfo/sudo-users to subscribe or search the archives. DISCLAIMER
sudoreplay is provided ``AS IS'' and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of mer- chantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. See the LICENSE file distributed with sudo or https://www.sudo.ws/license.html for complete details. Sudo 1.8.21p2 July 13, 2017 Sudo 1.8.21p2