Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo Post 302678153 by jim mcnamara on Friday 27th of July 2012 10:11:45 AM
Old 07-27-2012
Is this Fedora? Anyway, the ONLY fix is:
Code:
visudo /etc/sudoers
comment out: #Default requiretty

And you have to have privilege. Can we know why no sysadmin is available?
If this is a production job, surely SOMEBODY will want to get it running.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo not allow User to run sed

Hello, As recommended by the moderators I will start my questions here... I am a little confused by my Linux (CentOS/RHEL) distribution's sudo mechanism. Or perhaps I just do not know how to use sudo. I can run a sed command as the root user but it fails to write a root-owned directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duderonomy
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi Gurus: Can you help me get out of this message ? I already commented out the ff line in /etc/sudoers file but still prompts me for this message. #Defaults requiretty -sh-3.2$ ./check_diskErrors itag3.pm.staging.intra /dev/sda sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
3 Replies

4. AIX

Run sudo to another user

Run sudo to another user . I have two users in my AIX system appadmin (Application admin ) and appuser (Application user) Application Admin user has special permission to run every thing about this application. I have one script called /usr/app.sh Only appadmin has permission to run this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error - sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi I am trying to automate the deployment of a tar ball onto a set of remote servers and am getting this error from the ssh - sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified What I have done is add some code into the user's ssh key that does a few things like delete the existing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

i am trying overide the below error sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudoi am aware of ssh -t option. But just experimenting with OS :D So, tried commenting out Defaults requiretty from my sudoers file after which i am getting the below error sudo: no tty present and no askpass... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Hi I have an Oracle DBA that is trying to install an RPM from Stratavia which is a web based portal and it executes the following: Instance Wrapper=sudo -u oracle /opt/datapalette/jython/jython Server Wrapper=sudo -u root /opt/datapalette/jython/jython I've compared the /etc/sudoers... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff-fafa
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies
SYSADMIN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SYSADMIN(1)

NAME
sysadmin - responsible for everything imaginable that may or may not have to do with the system you're using. Contraction of "system" and "administrator" SYNOPSIS
sysadmin [-ab] [-cd] [-ef] etc...... DESCRIPTION
sysadmin takes care of everything, is generally harangued, must be supplied with coffee, chocolate, and alcohol in order to function prop- erly, cannot be exposed to direct sunlight, and must not be allowed to have a life. sysadmin is not intended as a user interface routine; other programs provide user-friendly front ends; sysadmin is used by everyone who can track him [her] down. With no flags, sysadmin reads its standard input up to an EOF, or a line which sysadmin wishes to parse, and then proceeds to ignore it entirely and read news all day. When invoked with the -w option, sysadmin reads standard input and responds according to terms of job description. OPTIONS
-bofh Go into Bastard Operator From Hell mode. This option causes sysadmin to use tools stored in the /usr/lib/bofh directory to parse the standard input and route user tasks appropriately. -cd causes sysadmin to become caffeine-deprived, resulting in system slowdowns. -b causes the sysadmin to function normally while augmenting the standard input with beer(5). Can be used with the -t option as well, depending upon which version of sysadmin you are running. -t causes the sysadmin to smoke tobacco, which can result in significant performance improvement, provided you are running the correct version of sysadmin. -Cfile Specify an alternate configuration file (sysadmin.cf is the standard). -dX set debuggin value to X. -fFullname Set the full name of the sysadmin. -Bf Create the sysadmin.cf configuration freeze file. -lname Sets the name of the "luser" person (that is, originator of a given request). -l can only be used by "trusted" users (who are listed in sysadmin.cf). NOTES
The -t option should not be used with a version of sysadmin which is not capable of parsing tobacco input. Though the functionality of this command may seem similar to the -b option, it should not be confused with that or the related -c option. 25 September 1995 SYSADMIN(1)