Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gMTP no vorbisfile
Operating Systems Linux gMTP no vorbisfile Post 302673043 by mdop on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 11:25:00 AM
Old 07-17-2012
gMTP no vorbisfile

Hi

I'm trying to install gMTP but when typing make I get the error;

Code:
gcc `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 gconf-2.0 gthread-2.0 libmtp id3tag flac vorbisfile` -std=c99 -Wall -c -g   -o src/metatag_info.o  src/metatag_info.c

Package vorbisfile was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `vorbisfile.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'vorbisfile' found
src/metatag_info.c:17: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/metatag_info.o] Error 1

I tried to get it trough the synaptic manager, and I guess I got several versions (libvorbisfile3 for example) but non of them worked.
What exactly should I be looking for and where can I get it?

commoncpp-config(1)						   GNU Telephony					       commoncpp-config(1)

NAME
commoncpp-config - script to get information about common c++ library SYNOPSIS
commoncpp-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--cflags] [--libs] [--includes] DESCRIPTION
commoncpp-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the commonc++ library. Note: commoncpp-config is provided for compatibility with legacy software only. Current projects should use pkg-config instead! OPTIONS
--version Print the currently installed version of common c++ on the standard output. --includes Print the include directory for commonc++ headers --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program with commonc++ --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program with commonc++ --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that common c++ was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that common c++ was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1). AUTHOR
commoncpp-config was written by David Sugar <dyfet@gnutelephony.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 David Sugar, Tycho Softworks. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. GNU Common C++ Configuration July 2009 commoncpp-config(1)