Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with output redirection Post 302672127 by pmonika on Monday 16th of July 2012 02:57:55 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Issue with output redirection

Hi,

I am using AIX server. I have a korn shell script where in I am redirecting a line to a file in a while loop:

Code:
while read line
do
     outputline=$line;
     echo $outputline >> "./temp/exec_list_"$ETL_JOB_RUN"_temp"
done < ./temp/exec_list_$ETL_JOB_RUN

Sometimes, when the CPU usage goes upto 99%, the command "echo $outputline >> "./temp/exec_list_"$ETL_JOB_RUN"_temp"" does not work and skips to the next step. I think, the writer process is slower than the reader process or we'll have to increase the pipe size.

Any suggestions how this can be achieved?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-16-2012 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standard output and redirection

Hello, Is is possible to redirect stdout to a file as well as to the console/screen or display in ksh. any thoughts suggestions/input is appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection output in two files

I want to redirect output of my script to two logfiles. I tried this : ./run.sh -c APP | tee >(grep " " > AppLogs.log) >(grep "XYZ" > xyz.log) >dev/null but this does not solve my purpose because logfile xyz.log remains empty untill i stop my script, i want both files, AppLogs.log and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdup
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection and output

I'm redirecting the output of a command to a logfile, however, if the user is on a terminal I would also like the output to be displayed on the screen. tar tvf some_tarfile >Logfile if the user is on a term then have the output to the Logfile and also be displayed on the screen at the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nck
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection output

Hi there I have a script that runs but it outputs everything onto the screen instead of a file. I've tried using the > outputfile.txt however all it does is dump the output to the screen and creates an outputfile.txt but doesn't put anything in that file. Any help would be appreciated ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kma07
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection

We have an application here that does some table queries and then prints the result on screen. I do not have the code of this application (which i will just call "queryCommand"), but what it does is that you call it with some parameters and it prints some info about the query and then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolateh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output redirection

Hello i am trying to write a script that will redirect the output to a certain file. Here is the code so far: #!/bin/bash ps -e | sort | more > psfile When I execute the script nothing happens since i assume the output was redirected to the file called psfile. When I try to look at the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfruiz34
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

output redirection command

Dear All, ./waf --run scratch/myfirst > log.out 2>&1 The above is a command line to redirect the output to a file called log.out. what is the 2>&1 part for ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knowledgeSeeker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection of ls -l output

Hi I am making a script where i want to redirect the output of ls -l to a file Example #ls -l fil1.txt > /opt/temp/a.txt ac: No such file or directory I want to capture output of this command like here output is ac: No such file or directory can anyone help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

output redirection

Hi all I was wondering if there was a slicker way of doing this without the file - awk '{print $2}' FS=":" "${FILE}" > "${TMPFILE}" { read M_GRP_ID || m_fail 1 "Error: Read failed 1 (${FUNCNAME})" read M_GRP_WAIT || m_fail 1 "Error: Read failed 2 (${FUNCNAME})" }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file redirection issue

So I'm writing a script which tries to parse human-readable addresses. Part of it is this: print $2, implode(A,1,AN," "), CITY, PROV, POST, COUNTRY, CITYCOUNT>2; CITYCOUNT is a variable between 0 and 3 counting the number of words in a city name. I'm trying to prnt 1 wherever that's greater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
5 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD