Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash) Post 302671625 by alister on Friday 13th of July 2012 08:06:52 PM
Old 07-13-2012
time output is printed on the standard error, which hasn't been redirected.

Regards,
Alister
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect time output

Hello All, I am trying to write a script that would capture the output of time command on a Sun machine. I have tried these commands $ time ls > out $ time ls 2> out I just get the ls output in the out file for the first one. Thanks for any help Chuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbeech
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirect to both file and std output at the same time

hello can some one please help me to redirect the output of a command to both std output and a file. this is little urgent. sridhar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: send2sridhar
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Output of ls command on Cygwin

what does the '+' sign stand for on the output of ls command on cygwin? -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 146783 Jun 19 12:10 schedule.pdf -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 320 Aug 15 17:14 current.txt -rw------- 1 milhan None 24576 Dec 28 2008 fdfd.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect grep command output to same file

Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me, how can I redirect the grep command output to same file. I am trying with below command but my original file contains no data after executing the command. $grep pattern file1 > file1 Kind Regards, Eswar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: picheswa
5 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange suppression of output with bash and cygwin

Hi, although I am not expert in bash, so please forgive me if this is silly, I think that this is strange: I have this command: find . -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i -e 'some rexp' and it works fine. But when I create a bash script (on cygwin) to run this command, there is no output !!!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niki999
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies
PKCHECK(1)							      pkcheck								PKCHECK(1)

NAME
pkcheck - Check whether a process is authorized SYNOPSIS
pkcheck [--version] [--help] pkcheck --action-id action {--process { pid | pid,pid-start-time } | --system-bus-name busname} [--allow-user-interaction] [--detail key value...] DESCRIPTION
pkcheck is used to check whether a process, specified by either --process or --system-bus-name, is authorized for action. The --detail option can be used zero or more times to pass details about action. If --allow-user-interaction is passed, pkcheck blocks while waiting for authentication. This command is a simple wrapper around the PolicyKit D-Bus interface; see the D-Bus interface documentation for details. RETURN VALUE
If the specified process is authorized, pkcheck exits with a return value of 0. If the authorization result contains any details, these are printed on standard output as key/value pairs using environment style reporting, e.g. first the key followed by a an equal sign, then the value followed by a newline. KEY1=VALUE1 KEY2=VALUE2 KEY3=VALUE3 ... Octects that are not in [a-zA-Z0-9_] are escaped using octal codes prefixed with . For example, the UTF-8 string fol, will be printed as f303270l54344275240345245275. If the specificied process is not authorized, pkcheck exits with a return value of 1 and a diagnostic message is printed on standard error. Details are printed on standard output. If the specificied process is not authorized because no suitable authentication agent is available or if the --allow-user-interaction wasn't passed, pkcheck exits with a return value of 2 and a diagnostic message is printed on standard error. Details are printed on standard output. If an error occured while checking for authorization, pkcheck exits with a return value of 127 with a diagnostic message printed on standard error. If one or more of the options passed are malformed, pkcheck exits with a return value of 126. If stdin is a tty, then this manual page is also shown. NOTES
Since process identifiers can be recycled, the caller should always use pid,pid-start-time to specify the process to check for authorization when using the --process option. The value of pid-start-time can be determined by consulting e.g. the proc(5) file system depending on the operating system. If only pid is passed to the --process option, then pkcheck will look up the start time itself but note that this may be racy. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen davidz@redhat.com with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the polkit-devel mailing list, see the link http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/polkit-devel on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
polkit(8), pkaction(1), pkexec(1) polkit May 2009 PKCHECK(1)