Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash) Post 302671625 by alister on Friday 13th of July 2012 08:06:52 PM
Old 07-13-2012
time output is printed on the standard error, which hasn't been redirected.

Regards,
Alister
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect time output

Hello All, I am trying to write a script that would capture the output of time command on a Sun machine. I have tried these commands $ time ls > out $ time ls 2> out I just get the ls output in the out file for the first one. Thanks for any help Chuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbeech
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirect to both file and std output at the same time

hello can some one please help me to redirect the output of a command to both std output and a file. this is little urgent. sridhar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: send2sridhar
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Output of ls command on Cygwin

what does the '+' sign stand for on the output of ls command on cygwin? -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 146783 Jun 19 12:10 schedule.pdf -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 320 Aug 15 17:14 current.txt -rw------- 1 milhan None 24576 Dec 28 2008 fdfd.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect grep command output to same file

Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me, how can I redirect the grep command output to same file. I am trying with below command but my original file contains no data after executing the command. $grep pattern file1 > file1 Kind Regards, Eswar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: picheswa
5 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange suppression of output with bash and cygwin

Hi, although I am not expert in bash, so please forgive me if this is silly, I think that this is strange: I have this command: find . -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i -e 'some rexp' and it works fine. But when I create a bash script (on cygwin) to run this command, there is no output !!!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niki999
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies
scalac(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 scalac(1)

NAME
scalac - Compiler for the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
scalac [ <options> ] <source files> PARAMETERS
<options> Command line options. See OPTIONS below. <source files> One or more source files to be compiled (such as MyClass.scala). OPTIONS
The compiler has a set of standard options that are supported on the current development environment and will be supported in future releases. An additional set of non-standard options are specific to the current virtual machine implementation and are subject to change in the future. Non-standard options begin with -X. Standard Options -g:{none,source,line,vars,notc} "none" generates no debugging info, "source" generates only the source file attribute, "line" generates source and line number information, "vars" generates source, line number and local variable information, "notc" generates all of the above and will not perform tail call optimization. -nowarn Generate no warnings -verbose Output messages about what the compiler is doing -deprecation Indicate whether source should be compiled with deprecation information; defaults to off (accepted values are: on, off, yes and no) Available since Scala version 2.2.1 -unchecked Enable detailed unchecked warnings Non variable type-arguments in type patterns are unchecked since they are eliminated by erasure Available since Scala version 2.3.0 -classpath <path> Specify where to find user class files (on Unix-based systems a colon-separated list of paths, on Windows-based systems, a semi- colon-separate list of paths). This does not override the built-in ("boot") search path. The default class path is the current directory. Setting the CLASSPATH variable or using the -classpath command-line option over- rides that default, so if you want to include the current directory in the search path, you must include "." in the new settings. -sourcepath <path> Specify where to find input source files. -bootclasspath <path> Override location of bootstrap class files (where to find the standard built-in classes, such as "scala.List"). -extdirs <dirs> Override location of installed extensions. -d <directory> Specify where to place generated class files. -encoding <encoding> Specify character encoding used by source files. The default value is platform-specific (Linux: "UTF8", Windows: "Cp1252"). Executing the following code in the Scala interpreter will return the default value on your system: scala> new java.io.InputStreamReader(System.in).getEncoding -target: <target> Specify which backend to use (jvm-1.5,msil). The default value is "jvm-1.5" (was "jvm-1.4" up to Scala version 2.6.1). -print Print program with all Scala-specific features removed -optimise Generates faster bytecode by applying optimisations to the program -explaintypes Explain type errors in more detail. -uniqid Print identifiers with unique names (debugging option). -version Print product version and exit. -help Print a synopsis of standard options. Advanced Options -Xassem <file> Name of the output assembly (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xassem-path <path> List of assemblies referenced by the program (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xcheck-null Emit warning on selection of nullable reference -Xdisable-assertions Generate no assertions and assumptions -Xexperimental enable experimental extensions -Xno-uescape Disable handling of u unicode escapes -Xplug-types Parse but ignore annotations in more locations -Xplugin: <file> Load a plugin from a file -Xplugin-disable: <plugin> Disable a plugin -Xplugin-list Print a synopsis of loaded plugins -Xplugin-opt: <plugin:opt> Pass an option to a plugin -Xplugin-require: <plugin> Abort unless a plugin is available -Xprint: <phases> Print out program after <phases> (see below). -Xprint-pos Print tree positions (as offsets) -Xprint-types Print tree types (debugging option). -Xprompt Display a prompt after each error (debugging option). -Xresident Compiler stays resident, files to compile are read from standard input. -Xshow-class <class> Show class info. -Xshow-object <object> Show object info. -Xshow-phases Print a synopsis of compiler phases. -Xsource-reader <classname> Specify a custom method for reading source files. -Xscript <object> Compile as a script, wrapping the code into object.main(). Compilation Phases initial initializing compiler parse parse source files namer create symbols analyze name and type analysis refcheck reference checking uncurry uncurry function types and applications lambdalift lambda lifter typesasvalues represent types as values addaccessors add accessors for constructor arguments explicitouterclasses make links from inner classes to enclosing one explicit addconstructors add explicit constructor for each class tailcall add tail-calls wholeprog perform whole program analysis addinterfaces add one interface per class expandmixins expand mixins by code copying boxing makes boxing explicit erasure type eraser icode generate icode codegen enable code generation terminal compilation terminated all matches all phases ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXAMPLES
Compile a Scala program to the current directory scalac HelloWorld Compile a Scala program to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile a Scala program using a user-defined java command env JAVACMD=/usr/local/bin/cacao scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile all Scala files found in the source directory src to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes src/*.scala EXIT STATUS
scalac returns a zero exist status if it succeeds to compile the specified input files. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
fsc(1), sbaz(1), scala(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.4 April 18, 2007 scalac(1)