Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSI or not??
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing SSI or not?? Post 302665403 by navic on Monday 2nd of July 2012 12:28:22 PM
Old 07-02-2012
SSI or not??

I'm new to HPC so forgive me if this question is extremely simple.

I have a cluster and each node has multiple NICs. I need the master to be able to see the nodes NICs as if they were it's own. The vision is being able to run ifconfig and see a bunch of ethX entries on the master when in fact say eth1 - eth15 are located on other nodes.

While researching a solution I came across OpenSSI and thought this would provide the correct functionality, but the only thing I can do is list the local interfaces on nodes with the 'node X ifconfig' command.

Is SSI even the technology that'll make node interfaces look local to the master or am I barking up the wrong tree? Does anyone have experience with a system as described?

Thanks!

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the unix answer to SSI?

On websites I build one thing I like to use is SSI to make it easier for the owner of the site to update parts of it him/herself. So the text of a page is keep in a simple .txt file, which the main page calls. Unix does not support this (I'm told), is there a similar system I can use with UNIX?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garrettcarr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSI related Unix In (link) support needed

I have multiple web sites and have SSI all working fine! but I want a script that allows me to place a SSI script (or .html) on any web site within my server - One problem, SSI is limited to files located within the file structure - I want to access a file outside, (but still on my server) I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnzule
1 Replies
cmsync(1m)																cmsync(1m)

NAME
cmsync - Synchronize files or directories on multiple Serviceguard nodes. SYNOPSIS
cmsync [-rv] [[-n node_name]...] [src_node:]src_file [...] DESCRIPTION
cmsync copies files and/or directories to multiple Serviceguard nodes. cmsync is limited in several ways. cmsync is best suited for situations where other remote copy facilities are not available. For a more full featured tool for copying files between Serviceguard nodes, see ccp(1m) provided by Distributed Systems Administration Utilities. To use this command, the local user must have the root access role on each of the involved nodes. For more information on Serviceguard access control policies, see the manual, Managing Serviceguard. To use the cmsync command without specifying -n options, the local node must be configured into a Serviceguard cluster. If no -n options are specified, the files will be copied to all available nodes in the cluster. Paths may be relative to the current working directory or specified absolutely. Copies between two remote hosts are permitted. If a file or directory already exists on a destination node, the destination node's copy will be overwritten with no prompting. The cmsync command is not suited for large files or large numbers of files and may result in a heavy load on the command and Serviceguard daemons. Other tools such as ccp should be considered for these purposes. Options And Arguments -r Recursively copy entire directories. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -n node_name Serviceguard node to copy file to. If no -n options are specified, default is to copy to all nodes within the configured clus- ter. src_node Serviceguard node to retrieve the file from. Defaults to the local node. src_file Path to source file on src_node. RETURN VALUE
cmsync returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Copy the local file /etc/hosts to remote nodes node1 and node2 cmsync -n node1 -n node2 /etc/hosts Distribute the remote file /etc/passwd to all nodes in the cluster. cmsync node1:/etc/passwd AUTHOR
cmsync was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ccp(1m), cmcp(1m), cmexec(1m), cmdo(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmviewcl(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmsync(1m)