Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No space on device
Operating Systems Solaris No space on device Post 302665035 by jlliagre on Monday 2nd of July 2012 02:11:35 AM
Old 07-02-2012
or better, reinstall the OS an select a ZFS root pool encompassing the whole disk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Free Space

Hi, I've tried to find answer to this question in the forums but i haven't found it. How can i know the space left in my devices (tape, disk, floppy, etc...)? It is very important to know at least the free space in the TAPE device. Can someone help? Thanx in advance. Jorge (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Space on device problems...

Ok, don't shoot me! I have looked all over the forum for the issue I'm having and I don't think its a duh delete some files or I deleted them but its still showing 100% type thing. This morning one of my servers starts crying that it can't write log files and I can't use vi etc.... when I check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
1 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device

Hi all, A very strange problem I have this morning with my Solaris 8. I have a FS full, I deleted some files but the system doesn't seems to reallocate the free space (I'm using Veritas): df -k : /dev/vx/dsk/dlds02vg/dlds02oralv 4194304 4194304 0 100% /dlds02/lds/oracle ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

5. Solaris

No space left on device

We are using this function tmpfile() : FILE *tmpfp ; if ((tmpfp = tmpfile()) == NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "%s: ERROR: init_operator(): ", ROUTINE); perror("tmpfile()"); exit(ERR_OPEN); } and the above is raising error : MSMD0603: ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

9. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No space on device

hi all, while searching solution to an error, i found this forum and i have just joined the forum. i am using Unix and getting the following error. kindly help to resolve. -bash: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device regards Please use CODE tags (not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkm
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)