Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] mailx : unknown user issue Post 302662963 by vbe on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 11:05:49 AM
Old 06-27-2012
Code:
while talking to [127.0.0.1]:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 <TestId@TestSMTP.com>... User unknown

Suggests that in your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf, your relay is wrong: It should be your mail server and so you should not have 127.0.0.1 but the name of the mail server with whom your host is "chatting" with...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx Issue with -r flag

I've used "mailx -r return@address" before many times for automated scripts, but when I try to use it on FreeBSD, I get "mailx: illegal option -- r". Is there another version of mailx I should be using to get this to work? The full command I'm trying to run is: mailx -s "Load Results $(date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check pass; user unknown

Hi all, While watching the log at /var/log/messages on a Centos 4.x box I keep seeing this come up Jul 18 09:38:40 ws096 PAM_pwdb: check pass; user unknown From what I understand this might be a ssh attack or am I wrong here? The bad thing is that it does not show an IP address its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx issue -

Hi, I am sending mail inside my script based on various conditions. Here is the problem, when there are more than one condion at a time, the mailx adds the messages into one ( at the time of the second mail) example: inner_fn () { if ; then echo "inner function mail" | mailx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue

Hi guys I am trying to send an email using mailx function and want the message body to appear on different lines. My code is : WT=`echo "Tapes are : $x Holder are : $y" ` echo $WT|mailx -s "Alert" xyx@abc.com I want to receive the email like this: Tapes are :2 Holders are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to mailx new $pid for a script restart

Ill try to make this brief: I am trying to get the script below to run another script defined as BATNAM. The script runs fine, does what i designed it to do, however... I would like it to mailx the NEW $pid that was restarted. This script is supposed to go in crontab as root, and run by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
8 Replies

6. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in an issue related to mailx

Hello, I have a file temp.txt with the below contents : Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: Unable to open trace file adpstartarv.log. (Error 110 Resource temporarily unavailable) Sep 9 03:05:35 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: SAP Service ADPMR2_00 successfully started. Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Unknown Number of User Inputs in awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I am trying to figure out how to print an output based on user input. For example: ubuntu:~/scripts$ steps="step1, step2, step3" ubuntu:~/scripts$ echo $steps step1, step2, step3 I am playing around and I got this pattern that I want: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command issue

Hi All, Im facing a problem with sending tar file via mailx command. Your help would be much appreciated. Im trying to tar a set of CSV files in a folder using the below command tar cvf Report.tar.gz *_03172016.CSV and sending this tar file using mailx command as mentioned below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Mailx command

Hi, I am trying to send an email using mailx command in Linux terminal. Though I give invalid address it is giving response as Recipient ok and sent message. My command is here. Not sure what is wrong. Can anyone please assist? echo -e 'New User'| mailx -v -s 'New User' y@gggg.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvi
1 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)