Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] mailx : unknown user issue Post 302662955 by vbe on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 11:02:30 AM
Old 06-27-2012
I think its working correctly, and that it is the email address you sent that is giving you trouble, have you tried with a known valid address?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx Issue with -r flag

I've used "mailx -r return@address" before many times for automated scripts, but when I try to use it on FreeBSD, I get "mailx: illegal option -- r". Is there another version of mailx I should be using to get this to work? The full command I'm trying to run is: mailx -s "Load Results $(date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check pass; user unknown

Hi all, While watching the log at /var/log/messages on a Centos 4.x box I keep seeing this come up Jul 18 09:38:40 ws096 PAM_pwdb: check pass; user unknown From what I understand this might be a ssh attack or am I wrong here? The bad thing is that it does not show an IP address its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx issue -

Hi, I am sending mail inside my script based on various conditions. Here is the problem, when there are more than one condion at a time, the mailx adds the messages into one ( at the time of the second mail) example: inner_fn () { if ; then echo "inner function mail" | mailx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue

Hi guys I am trying to send an email using mailx function and want the message body to appear on different lines. My code is : WT=`echo "Tapes are : $x Holder are : $y" ` echo $WT|mailx -s "Alert" xyx@abc.com I want to receive the email like this: Tapes are :2 Holders are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to mailx new $pid for a script restart

Ill try to make this brief: I am trying to get the script below to run another script defined as BATNAM. The script runs fine, does what i designed it to do, however... I would like it to mailx the NEW $pid that was restarted. This script is supposed to go in crontab as root, and run by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
8 Replies

6. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in an issue related to mailx

Hello, I have a file temp.txt with the below contents : Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: Unable to open trace file adpstartarv.log. (Error 110 Resource temporarily unavailable) Sep 9 03:05:35 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: SAP Service ADPMR2_00 successfully started. Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Unknown Number of User Inputs in awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I am trying to figure out how to print an output based on user input. For example: ubuntu:~/scripts$ steps="step1, step2, step3" ubuntu:~/scripts$ echo $steps step1, step2, step3 I am playing around and I got this pattern that I want: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command issue

Hi All, Im facing a problem with sending tar file via mailx command. Your help would be much appreciated. Im trying to tar a set of CSV files in a folder using the below command tar cvf Report.tar.gz *_03172016.CSV and sending this tar file using mailx command as mentioned below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Mailx command

Hi, I am trying to send an email using mailx command in Linux terminal. Though I give invalid address it is giving response as Recipient ok and sent message. My command is here. Not sure what is wrong. Can anyone please assist? echo -e 'New User'| mailx -v -s 'New User' y@gggg.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvi
1 Replies
CIL(1)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    CIL(1)

NAME
cil - the command-line issue list SYNOPSIS
$ cil init $ cil summary $ cil list $ cil list --status=New $ cil list --label=Release-v0.1 $ cil list --is-open $ cil add ... added issue 'cafebabe' ... $ cil show cafebabe $ cil edit cafebabe $ cil status cafebabe InProgress $ cil comment cafebabe ... added comment 'deadbeef' ... $ cil attach cafebabe filename.txt ... added attachment 'decaf7ea' ... $ cil extract decaf7ea $ cil extract decaf7ea --filename=other_filename.txt $ cil am email.txt $ cil track $ cil fsck DESCRIPTION
Cil is a small but useful command-line issue list. It saves issues, comments and attachments as local files which you can check in to your repository. init [--path=PATH] [--bare] Creates a local '.cil' file and an 'issues' directory. If PATH is specified, the config file and directory will be created in the destination directory. Usually, cil will write a small ".cil" file such that you can use various filter commands immediately and can also serve as an example config file. Using "--bare" just touches the ".cil" config file ready for your own manipulation. summary [filters] Displays a one line summary for each issue. You may filter on both the Status and Label fields. list [filters] Shows each issue with more information. You may filter on both the Status and Label fields. add [--mine] [summary] Adds an issues after you have edited the input. Text passed after 'add' will be used as the bug summary line. If you use the --mine flag, the AssignedTo field is automatically set to you (saves having to copy and paste the CreatedBy field). show ISSUE Shows the issue name with more detail. status ISSUE NEW_STATUS Shortcut so that you can set a new status on an issue without having to edit it. depends-on ISSUE1 ISSUE2 Shortcut so that cil will add a 'DependsOn' from issue 1 to issue 2. Conversley, issue 2 will also then contain a 'Precedes' pointer to issue 1. precedes ISSUE1 ISSUE2 This is the exact opposite of "depends-on" and is here for convenience and completeness. ie. issue 1 has to be completed before issue 2. status ISSUE NEW_STATUS Shortcut so that you can set a new status on an issue without having to edit it. steal ISSUE Shortcut to assign this issue to yourself. It reads your "~/.cilrc" file for your UserName and UserEmail and uses this to populate the "AssignedTo" field in the issue. edit ISSUE Edits the issue. If it changes, set the updates time to now. comment ISSUE Adds a comment to an issues after you have edited the input. attach ISSUE FILENAME Adds that particular filename to an existing issue. extract ATTACHMENT [--filename=FILENAME] Extracts the file from the attachment number. If filename if given uses that, otherwise it will use the original one saved along with the attachment. am Applies an email message to the issue list. It tries to figure out the type of email it is, whether it is a new issue or a comment on an already existing issue. For example, if it can find valid issue names in the subject or body of the message, it adds it as a comment to that issue. If it can't find any valid issue names, it presumes it's a new issue and adds that. Note: this command will deal with Mailbox format files later on. track ISSUE This command outputs one or more command which you should run so that your VCS knows about your issue. It makes sure all the comments and attachments are done too. fsck Tries to help you organise your issues if any aren't valid or have broken relationships. FILTERS
Filters can be used on both the "summary" and "list" commands. Most can be combined. See each individual filter for details. --status=STATUS You can choose any of the Statuses which might appear in your issues. This status does not have to be defined in your ".cil" file, even if you have "StatusStrict" turned on. --label=LABEL You can choose any of the Labels which might appear in your issues. This label does not have to be defined in your ".cil" file, even if you have "LabelStrict" turned on. --is-open, --is-closed These check both "StatusOpenList" and "StatusClosedList" from your ".cil" file. If both are specified, you're likely to get no issues unless you explicitly defined a status as being in both lists (for whatever reason you have). --assigned-to=EMAIL_ADDRESS, --is-mine These items are mutually exclusive. The "--assigned-to" just checks the email address in the AssignedTo field. It does not match anything else in that field, including any preceding name or any angle brackets. The "--is-mine" filter is a shortcut to asking if AssignedTo is you. Cil knows your email address if you define it in your user's "~/.cilrc" file as "UserEmail". .cil The ".cil" file is used to configure bits and pieces within cil for this particular issue list. The following options are available and where stated, may be declared multiple times: The ".cil" file is fairly simple and an example can be seen here: UseGit: 1 StatusStrict: 1 StatusOpenList: New StatusOpenList: InProgress StatusClosedList: Finished LabelStrict: 1 LabelAllowedList: Type-Enhancement LabelAllowedList: Type-Defect LabelAllowedList: Priority-High LabelAllowedList: Priority-Medium LabelAllowedList: Priority-Low UseGit Default: 0, Type: Boolean (0/1) Determines whether to use Git or not. Some features require Git though Cil is perfectly usable without. StatusStrict Default: 0, Type: Boolean (0/1) If this is set to a true value then cil checks that the status you enter into an issue (after adding or editing) is also in the allowed list (see StatusAllowedList). StatusOpenList Default: empty, Type: List This list is checked against when filtering with --is-open. StatusClosedList Default: empty, Type: List This list is checked against when filtering with --is-closed. StatusAllowedList This list is automatically generated from the StatusOpenList and the StatusClosedList. It does not have to appear in the config file. LabelStrict Default: 0, Type: Boolean (0/1) This determines that labels you enter are checked against LabelAllowedList. Set to 1 if you require this feature. LabelAllowedList Default: empty, Type: List This determines which labels are allowed if you have turned on LabelStrict. ~/.cilrc The "~/.cilrc" file is read to configure the user's preferences for all cil lists they're using. It is of the same format as the ".cil" file and contains the following options: UserName: Andrew Chilton UserEmail: andychilton@gmail.com UserName Default: 'Name', Type: String This is used as a default in the "CreatedBy" and "AssignedTo" fields in any issues/comments/attachments you add. UserEmail Default: 'Email', Type: String This is used as a default in the "CreatedBy" and "AssignedTo" fields in any issues/comments/attachments you add. BUGS
Probably. Let me know :-) TODO
To get a ToDo list for cil, clone the repo, find the issues/ dir and type: $ cil --is-open This gives the current outstanding issues in cil. AUTHOR
Andrew Chilton <andychilton@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 by Andrew Chilton Cil is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/> or write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2013-03-15 CIL(1)