Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] mailx : unknown user issue Post 302662611 by chpsam on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 10:57:39 PM
Old 06-26-2012
OS : HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 2819354210 unlimited-user license

Shell : /sbin/sh

mailx command used:

sh ServerStatus.sh| mailx -s "Server Status mail - DEV_SERVER" Dev_Admin@XXXXXXX.com

nslookup output:

looking up FILES
Name: smtphostname
Address: xx.xxx.xx.43

restart:
I restarted using below commands.

/sbin/init.d/sendmail stop
/sbin/init.d/sendmail start

there is no file "service.switch" in /etc/mail

there are many server names which are non-commented in /etc/mail/sendmail.cw

Please let me know if any other info is needed. Please guide me.

Last edited by chpsam; 06-27-2012 at 04:57 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx Issue with -r flag

I've used "mailx -r return@address" before many times for automated scripts, but when I try to use it on FreeBSD, I get "mailx: illegal option -- r". Is there another version of mailx I should be using to get this to work? The full command I'm trying to run is: mailx -s "Load Results $(date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check pass; user unknown

Hi all, While watching the log at /var/log/messages on a Centos 4.x box I keep seeing this come up Jul 18 09:38:40 ws096 PAM_pwdb: check pass; user unknown From what I understand this might be a ssh attack or am I wrong here? The bad thing is that it does not show an IP address its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx issue -

Hi, I am sending mail inside my script based on various conditions. Here is the problem, when there are more than one condion at a time, the mailx adds the messages into one ( at the time of the second mail) example: inner_fn () { if ; then echo "inner function mail" | mailx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue

Hi guys I am trying to send an email using mailx function and want the message body to appear on different lines. My code is : WT=`echo "Tapes are : $x Holder are : $y" ` echo $WT|mailx -s "Alert" xyx@abc.com I want to receive the email like this: Tapes are :2 Holders are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to mailx new $pid for a script restart

Ill try to make this brief: I am trying to get the script below to run another script defined as BATNAM. The script runs fine, does what i designed it to do, however... I would like it to mailx the NEW $pid that was restarted. This script is supposed to go in crontab as root, and run by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
8 Replies

6. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in an issue related to mailx

Hello, I have a file temp.txt with the below contents : Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: Unable to open trace file adpstartarv.log. (Error 110 Resource temporarily unavailable) Sep 9 03:05:35 adcsdp01 MAPDR2_00: SAP Service ADPMR2_00 successfully started. Sep 9 03:04:51 adcsdp01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Unknown Number of User Inputs in awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I am trying to figure out how to print an output based on user input. For example: ubuntu:~/scripts$ steps="step1, step2, step3" ubuntu:~/scripts$ echo $steps step1, step2, step3 I am playing around and I got this pattern that I want: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command issue

Hi All, Im facing a problem with sending tar file via mailx command. Your help would be much appreciated. Im trying to tar a set of CSV files in a folder using the below command tar cvf Report.tar.gz *_03172016.CSV and sending this tar file using mailx command as mentioned below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Mailx command

Hi, I am trying to send an email using mailx command in Linux terminal. Though I give invalid address it is giving response as Recipient ok and sent message. My command is here. Not sure what is wrong. Can anyone please assist? echo -e 'New User'| mailx -v -s 'New User' y@gggg.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvi
1 Replies
PKI --ISSUE(8)							    strongSwan							    PKI --ISSUE(8)

NAME
pki --issue - Issue a certificate using a CA certificate and key SYNOPSIS
pki --issue [--in file] [--type type] --cakey file|--cakeyid hex --cacert file [--dn subject-dn] [--san subjectAltName] [--lifetime days] [--serial hex] [--flag flag] [--digest digest] [--ca] [--crl uri [--crlissuer issuer]] [--ocsp uri] [--pathlen len] [--nc- permitted name] [--nc-excluded name] [--policy-mapping mapping] [--policy-explicit len] [--policy-inhibit len] [--policy-any len] [--cert-policy oid [--cps-uri uri] [--user-notice text]] [--outform encoding] [--debug level] pki --issue --options file pki --issue -h | --help DESCRIPTION
This sub-command of pki(1) is used to issue a certificate using a CA certificate and private key. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print usage information with a summary of the available options. -v, --debug level Set debug level, default: 1. -+, --options file Read command line options from file. -i, --in file Public key or PKCS#10 certificate request file to issue. If not given the key/request is read from STDIN. -t, --type type Type of the input. Either pub for a public key, or pkcs10 for a PKCS#10 certificate request, defaults to pub. -k, --cakey file CA private key file. Either this or --cakeyid is required. -x, --cakeyid hex Key ID of a CA private key on a smartcard. Either this or --cakey is required. -c, --cacert file CA certificate file. Required. -d, --dn subject-dn Subject distinguished name (DN) of the issued certificate. -a, --san subjectAltName subjectAltName extension to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -l, --lifetime days Days the certificate is valid, default: 1095. -s, --serial hex Serial number in hex. It is randomly allocated by default. -e, --flag flag Add extendedKeyUsage flag. One of serverAuth, clientAuth, crlSign, or ocspSigning. Can be used multiple times. -g, --digest digest Digest to use for signature creation. One of md5, sha1, sha224, sha256, sha384, or sha512. Defaults to sha1. -f, --outform encoding Encoding of the created certificate file. Either der (ASN.1 DER) or pem (Base64 PEM), defaults to der. -b, --ca Include CA basicConstraint extension in certificate. -u, --crl uri CRL distribution point URI to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -I, --crlissuer issuer Optional CRL issuer for the CRL at the preceding distribution point. -o, --ocsp uri OCSP AuthorityInfoAccess URI to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -p, --pathlen len Set path length constraint. -n, --nc-permitted name Add permitted NameConstraint extension to certificate. -N, --nc-excluded name Add excluded NameConstraint extension to certificate. -M, --policy-mapping issuer-oid:subject-oid Add policyMapping from issuer to subject OID. -E, --policy-explicit len Add requireExplicitPolicy constraint. -H, --policy-inhibit len Add inhibitPolicyMapping constraint. -A, --policy-any len Add inhibitAnyPolicy constraint. Certificate Policy Multiple certificatePolicy extensions can be added. Each with the following information: -P, --cert-policy oid OID to include in certificatePolicy extension. Required. -C, --cps-uri uri Certification Practice statement URI for certificatePolicy. -U, --user-notice text User notice for certificatePolicy. EXAMPLES
To save repetitive typing, command line options can be stored in files. Lets assume pki.opt contains the following contents: --cacert ca_cert.der --cakey ca_key.der --digest sha256 --flag serverAuth --lifetime 1460 --type pkcs10 Then the following command can be used to issue a certificate based on a given PKCS#10 certificate request and the options above: pki --issue --options pki.opt --in req.der > cert.der SEE ALSO
pki(1) 5.1.1 2013-08-12 PKI --ISSUE(8)