Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to mount USB pen drive?
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount USB pen drive? Post 302661689 by hicksd8 on Monday 25th of June 2012 03:21:44 PM
Old 06-25-2012
I emailed a friend who is a VMware engineer and he replied.........

In the VM guest properties you can add a USB controller the same way as you add another hard disk, network card etc..... This will be then visible in the OS assuming it has drivers etc.

Hope that helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount external usb drive on Redhat 9

I am using Redhat 9 Linux, and am trying to get my external usb drive mounted (fat32). If I look at the KDE Control panel, it lists a usb 2.0 storage device under "USB Devices" (also in /proc/bus/usb), and under "SCSI" as scsi1. I looked at /proc/scsi/usb-storage-0, and it lists it there also. What... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

3. Solaris

FAT32 usb external hard drive - how to mount??

Hello ! What is the comand to mount and usb hard disk ? I have Solaris 10 installed! 10nx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daniel.balasa
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

USB Pen Drive & Hard Disk

Hi Guys, I have an external USB Hard Disk Drive on which I have 3 partitions and it works fine under Windows XP but when I am using Red Hat Linux 5 I don't see any icon for this USB HDD. Also I am not able to browse my USB Pen Drive. However, I can use it under Mandrake Linux without any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to Install Linux os from USB pen drive

can any body tell simple steps to install linux from pen drive (4gb) fat32 ( with out dvd rom ) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

7. Linux

Not able to remove virus from a pen drive

Hello Friends, My pendrive (FAT32 filesystem) consist of following files+viruses. -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 0 2010-03-10 01:29 autorun.inf dr-xr-xr-x 2 chinmay root 4096 2010-03-09 23:51 Docs -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 4726162 2010-03-08 15:02 java_ee_sdk-5_03-javadocs.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catchchinu1
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to mount USB Pen drive on my Server

Hello Gurus!! Very recently i tried to mount a USB pen drive onto my solaris 10 (X4170 model) server. As i understand, in ideal scenarios it should get mounted automatically, but it did not happen. Neither anything is shown in "iostat -En" output or "rmformat -l" about the pen drive. I also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
10 Replies

10. Solaris

How do I mount a USB Hard Drive?

I have a Sun-Fire V440 running with Solaris 9 and am trying to get a WD USB Hard Drive mounted. None of the articles I've read so far have helped. Output from rmformat: Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0s2 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtimertj
17 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)