Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rssh not working in AIX 6.1
Operating Systems AIX rssh not working in AIX 6.1 Post 302659877 by smurphy_it on Thursday 21st of June 2012 01:43:02 PM
Old 06-21-2012
rssh vs openssh

Just wondering why you are fighting with it. Openssh has had this ability for quite some time now. It's just a matter of adding an user/group, and modifying your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file to restrict that user or group.

example:
(/etc/ssh/sshd_config) addition:

Subsystem sftp internal-sftp
Match Group rssh
ChrootDirectory /home/shared/web
X11Forwarding no
AllowTcpForwarding no
ForceCommand internal-sftp

Caveats:
* create a goup "rssh" and add your "specific clients" to the group membership.
* the directory /home/shared/web exists (and entire tree down to /home/shared/web is root owned, with chmod 744
* sshd is HUPPed or restarted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Code working AIX 5.2 and not in Solaris 5.9

Hi, When i run the below code in AIX it runs and solaris not ... why ??? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 1 int main () { char str ="1,2,3,4,5"; char * pch,b; int a; printf ("Enter the int to be searched ",str); scanf("%d",&a); sprintf(b,"%d",a); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

2. AIX

^P Not working on AIX.

I'm working on an AIX box, and I generall prefer emacs command line editing in ksh. Most control-commands are working, except not control-P (Recall previous command). ksh set - o emacs ^p Does not result in the expected outcome. does anyone know why this might be? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

3. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

*/5 not working in AIX

Hi Guys, I tried to schedule a script for every 5 mins. i tried */5 but it is not working. Is writing every 5 mins is the only way to do it? like below 05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 05-08 Thanks And Regards, Magesh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. AIX

suid not working on AIX ?

Hello, I'm running AIX 6.1 box. I tried to use suid on binary file but it doesn't work. (I set suid on /usr/bin/sleep and tried to run it as user1(sleep owner is bin) - and program still runs as user1. It shoud run as bin isn't it ? - This test run as expected on Linux box) Filesystem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ssh stopped working AIX

I Was able to ssh into the AIX box. now i cannot When I run the command to start it it comes back that is was started, but still does not work. Here is a shot i what i see # server:/> lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 4.3.0.5201 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in AIX but working in UX

MENU_INTRO(){ date="`date`" HOSTNAME="`hostname`" if ; then cols=$2 else cols=2 fi clear now=`date +%A,%B-%d-%Y@%H:%M:%S` echo " -: INFORMIX DBA MENU :- " echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX 4.3 - Need help - Printers not working

I am running an old IBM P-Series server running AIX 4.3 (I know a dinosaur). The OS has not been updated. We had a hard drive failure last weekend, and I was able to get most of the system back up, however, I have 3 line printers and 3 label printers that I can not get working. I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick.Crocker
2 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-d start_directory] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -d start_directory specifies an alternate starting directory for users. The pathname may contain the following tokens that are expanded at runtime: %% is replaced by a literal '%', %h is replaced by the home directory of the user being authenticated, and %u is replaced by the user- name of that user. The default is to use the user's home directory. This option is useful in conjunction with the sshd_config(5) ChrootDirectory option. -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt, October 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
July 16, 2013 BSD