Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rssh not working in AIX 6.1
Operating Systems AIX rssh not working in AIX 6.1 Post 302659877 by smurphy_it on Thursday 21st of June 2012 01:43:02 PM
Old 06-21-2012
rssh vs openssh

Just wondering why you are fighting with it. Openssh has had this ability for quite some time now. It's just a matter of adding an user/group, and modifying your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file to restrict that user or group.

example:
(/etc/ssh/sshd_config) addition:

Subsystem sftp internal-sftp
Match Group rssh
ChrootDirectory /home/shared/web
X11Forwarding no
AllowTcpForwarding no
ForceCommand internal-sftp

Caveats:
* create a goup "rssh" and add your "specific clients" to the group membership.
* the directory /home/shared/web exists (and entire tree down to /home/shared/web is root owned, with chmod 744
* sshd is HUPPed or restarted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Code working AIX 5.2 and not in Solaris 5.9

Hi, When i run the below code in AIX it runs and solaris not ... why ??? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 1 int main () { char str ="1,2,3,4,5"; char * pch,b; int a; printf ("Enter the int to be searched ",str); scanf("%d",&a); sprintf(b,"%d",a); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

2. AIX

^P Not working on AIX.

I'm working on an AIX box, and I generall prefer emacs command line editing in ksh. Most control-commands are working, except not control-P (Recall previous command). ksh set - o emacs ^p Does not result in the expected outcome. does anyone know why this might be? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

3. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

*/5 not working in AIX

Hi Guys, I tried to schedule a script for every 5 mins. i tried */5 but it is not working. Is writing every 5 mins is the only way to do it? like below 05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 05-08 Thanks And Regards, Magesh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. AIX

suid not working on AIX ?

Hello, I'm running AIX 6.1 box. I tried to use suid on binary file but it doesn't work. (I set suid on /usr/bin/sleep and tried to run it as user1(sleep owner is bin) - and program still runs as user1. It shoud run as bin isn't it ? - This test run as expected on Linux box) Filesystem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ssh stopped working AIX

I Was able to ssh into the AIX box. now i cannot When I run the command to start it it comes back that is was started, but still does not work. Here is a shot i what i see # server:/> lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 4.3.0.5201 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in AIX but working in UX

MENU_INTRO(){ date="`date`" HOSTNAME="`hostname`" if ; then cols=$2 else cols=2 fi clear now=`date +%A,%B-%d-%Y@%H:%M:%S` echo " -: INFORMIX DBA MENU :- " echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX 4.3 - Need help - Printers not working

I am running an old IBM P-Series server running AIX 4.3 (I know a dinosaur). The OS has not been updated. We had a hard drive failure last weekend, and I was able to get most of the system back up, however, I have 3 line printers and 3 label printers that I can not get working. I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick.Crocker
2 Replies
rssh_selinux(8) 						SELinux Policy rssh						   rssh_selinux(8)

NAME
rssh_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rssh processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rssh processes via flexible mandatory access control. The rssh processes execute with the rssh_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep rssh_t ENTRYPOINTS
The rssh_t SELinux type can be entered via the rssh_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the rssh_t domain are the following: /usr/bin/rssh PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux rssh policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their rssh pro- cesses in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for rssh: rssh_t, rssh_chroot_helper_t Note: semanage permissive -a rssh_t can be used to make the process type rssh_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permissive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. rssh policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run rssh with the tightest access possible. If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the rssh_chroot_helper_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the rssh_chroot_helper_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled bool- ean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type rssh_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. rssh_rw_t FILE CONTEXTS
SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. You can see the context of a file using the -Z option to ls Policy governs the access confined processes have to these files. SELinux rssh policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their rssh processes in as secure a method as possible. STANDARD FILE CONTEXT SELinux defines the file context types for the rssh, if you wanted to store files with these types in a diffent paths, you need to execute the semanage command to sepecify alternate labeling and then use restorecon to put the labels on disk. semanage fcontext -a -t rssh_chroot_helper_exec_t '/srv/rssh/content(/.*)?' restorecon -R -v /srv/myrssh_content Note: SELinux often uses regular expressions to specify labels that match multiple files. The following file types are defined for rssh: rssh_chroot_helper_exec_t - Set files with the rssh_chroot_helper_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the rssh_chroot_helper_t domain. rssh_exec_t - Set files with the rssh_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the rssh_t domain. rssh_ro_t - Set files with the rssh_ro_t type, if you want to treat the files as rssh read/only content. rssh_rw_t - Set files with the rssh_rw_t type, if you want to treat the files as rssh read/write content. Note: File context can be temporarily modified with the chcon command. If you want to permanently change the file context you need to use the semanage fcontext command. This will modify the SELinux labeling database. You will need to use restorecon to apply the labels. COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rssh(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8), rssh_chroot_helper_selinux(8), rssh_chroot_helper_selinux(8) rssh 14-06-10 rssh_selinux(8)