Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm Post 302657685 by jim mcnamara on Monday 18th of June 2012 08:43:22 AM
Old 06-18-2012
The complaint is about endianness of some file being installed. I'm guessing: You probably got a sparc package instead of an x86 package to install.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

2. Solaris

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 when trying to run ps as particular user

I get the following error when running /usr/bin/ps on Solaris 10 as a particular non-privileged user: ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /usr/dt/lib/libXm.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Killed However I can run /usr/bin/ps successfuly as root or as any other non-privileged user. What could it be about this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of /usr/lib/nsr

Hello, I have this folder on my one of the machine but not on other. /usr/lib/nsr can anyone tell me for what this folder is used ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Wrong ELF class

guys anyone knows a solution for this? wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 pwrcard:cms-dev:/pcard16/pwrcard/src/interfaces/interface_host>isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications vis2 vis 32-bit sparc applications vis2 vis v8plus div32 mul32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/lib/vhost.so missing Solaris 5.10

Hi, i have a solaris 5.10 machine on which i am getting below error while executing cat command ld.so.1: cat: fatal: vhost.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed it is related to file vhost.so missing Also when i did ldd cat result is as below libc.so.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need to install /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2 Solaris Sparc 64 bit package

Hi, Can anyone help me out in getting download the below required package for Solaris 10 SPARC 64-bit machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sqlite3: /lib/ld-Linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter:

Hi all I'm hoping this is just me being a muppet, has anyone come across this problem before? I am writing an application that uses sqlite3 and I have created a database using it - sqlite3 muse.db SQLite version 3.6.20 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib/libv12n.so

Hi, I want to use the function "v12n_domain_uuid" on solaris box. The library "libv12n" is present in /usr/lib but i can't locate the header "libv12n.h" anywhere in the box. How do i run the API "v12n_domain_uuid" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)