Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need to send attachment in Mail without using uuencode via script in AIX6.1 Post 302657577 by funksen on Monday 18th of June 2012 03:36:28 AM
Old 06-18-2012
if you have absolutely none of the above commands, and you can't install one of them, you could try a different way,
copy your file to a network share within the script (scp/ftp/locally mounted cifs/nfs share), and send a link with your mail
This User Gave Thanks to funksen For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uuencode problem in mail attachment

I have a unix script that compresses a .txt file using gzip command and then sends it by mail using uuencode. This has been working fine for some time, but lately I've been experiencing some problems, as when I open the mail generated, I don't see the attachment, but instead I get a large amount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
8 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachment without uuencode

Hello - In unix, can you tell me IF there is a way to send attachments via email without using uuencode command? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send files as an attachment without uuencode

Hi All, Is there anyway we can send files as an attachment? I tried running uuencode but its giving an error as below: $ uuencode Z1.txt Z1.txt |mailx -s "hi" abc@abc.com ksh: uuencode: not found. Null message body; hope that's ok When i gave which command then it says there is no... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment without using uuencode

H All I want to send attachment in mail but I dont have uuencode installed in AIX server, there is any alternative way to send attachment in mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send attachment without using uuencode and mutt

Hi, In my Linux am unable to send attachment to mail . Since pkgs for mutt and uuencode is not possible to install any other options for sending attachment will be useful. Tried the below options but its not working. mail -s "testmail" -a <filename> abc@mail.com cat <filename>|mail -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)