Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need to send attachment in Mail without using uuencode via script in AIX6.1 Post 302657561 by itkamaraj on Monday 18th of June 2012 03:05:42 AM
Old 06-18-2012
do you have mutt ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uuencode problem in mail attachment

I have a unix script that compresses a .txt file using gzip command and then sends it by mail using uuencode. This has been working fine for some time, but lately I've been experiencing some problems, as when I open the mail generated, I don't see the attachment, but instead I get a large amount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
8 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachment without uuencode

Hello - In unix, can you tell me IF there is a way to send attachments via email without using uuencode command? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send files as an attachment without uuencode

Hi All, Is there anyway we can send files as an attachment? I tried running uuencode but its giving an error as below: $ uuencode Z1.txt Z1.txt |mailx -s "hi" abc@abc.com ksh: uuencode: not found. Null message body; hope that's ok When i gave which command then it says there is no... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment without using uuencode

H All I want to send attachment in mail but I dont have uuencode installed in AIX server, there is any alternative way to send attachment in mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send attachment without using uuencode and mutt

Hi, In my Linux am unable to send attachment to mail . Since pkgs for mutt and uuencode is not possible to install any other options for sending attachment will be useful. Tried the below options but its not working. mail -s "testmail" -a <filename> abc@mail.com cat <filename>|mail -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies
URLSCAN(1)						      General Commands Manual							URLSCAN(1)

NAME
urlscan - browse the URLs in an email message from a terminal SYNOPSIS
urlscan [options] < message urlscan [options] message DESCRIPTION
urlscan accepts a single email message on standard input, then displays a terminal-based list of the URLs in the given message. Selecting a URL will invoke sensible-browser(1) on it (and hence any browser specified in the BROWSER environment variable). urlscan is primarily intended to be used with the mutt (1) mailreader, but it should work well with any terminal-based mail program. urlscan is similar to urlview(1), but has the following additional features: 1. Support for more message encodings, such as quoted-printable and base64. 2. Extraction and display of the context surrounding each URL. OPTIONS
-b, --background Run the Web browser in the background, so you can select another URL without closing it (this will not work with terminal-based Web browsers such as lynx, links, or w3m). -c, --compact Display a simple list of the extracted URLs, instead of showing the context of each URL. MUTT INTEGRATION
To integrate urlscan with mutt, include the following two commands in ~/.muttrc: macro index,pager cb "<pipe-message> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" macro attach,compose cb "<pipe-entry> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" Once these lines are in your mutt configuration file, pressing Control-b will allow you to browse and open the URLs in the currently selected message. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/urlscan/README, sensible-browser(1), urlview(1), mutt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>. December 10, 2006 URLSCAN(1)