Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need to send attachment in Mail without using uuencode via script in AIX6.1 Post 302657561 by itkamaraj on Monday 18th of June 2012 03:05:42 AM
Old 06-18-2012
do you have mutt ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uuencode problem in mail attachment

I have a unix script that compresses a .txt file using gzip command and then sends it by mail using uuencode. This has been working fine for some time, but lately I've been experiencing some problems, as when I open the mail generated, I don't see the attachment, but instead I get a large amount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
8 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachment without uuencode

Hello - In unix, can you tell me IF there is a way to send attachments via email without using uuencode command? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send files as an attachment without uuencode

Hi All, Is there anyway we can send files as an attachment? I tried running uuencode but its giving an error as below: $ uuencode Z1.txt Z1.txt |mailx -s "hi" abc@abc.com ksh: uuencode: not found. Null message body; hope that's ok When i gave which command then it says there is no... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment without using uuencode

H All I want to send attachment in mail but I dont have uuencode installed in AIX server, there is any alternative way to send attachment in mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send attachment without using uuencode and mutt

Hi, In my Linux am unable to send attachment to mail . Since pkgs for mutt and uuencode is not possible to install any other options for sending attachment will be useful. Tried the below options but its not working. mail -s "testmail" -a <filename> abc@mail.com cat <filename>|mail -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies
uuencode(1)						      General Commands Manual						       uuencode(1)

NAME
uuencode - encode a binary file uudecode - decode a file created by uuencode SYNOPSIS
uuencode [-m] [ file ] name uudecode [-o outfile] [ file ]... DESCRIPTION
Uuencode and uudecode are used to transmit binary files over transmission mediums that do not support other than simple ASCII data. Uuencode reads file (or by default the standard input) and writes an encoded version to the standard output. The encoding uses only print- ing ASCII characters and includes the mode of the file and the operand name for use by uudecode. If name is /dev/stdout the result will be written to standard output. By default the standard UU encoding format will be used. If the option -m is given on the command line base64 encoding is used instead. Uudecode transforms uuencoded files (or by default, the standard input) into the original form. The resulting file is named name (or out- file if the -o option is given) and will have the mode of the original file except that setuid and execute bits are not retained. If out- file or name is /dev/stdout the result will be written to standard output. Uudecode ignores any leading and trailing lines. The program can automatically decide which of the both supported encoding schemes are used. EXAMPLES
The following example packages up a source tree, compresses it, uuencodes it and mails it to a user on another system. When uudecode is run on the target system, the file ``src_tree.tar.Z'' will be created which may then be uncompressed and extracted into the original tree. tar cf - src_tree | compress | uuencode src_tree.tar.Z | mail sys1!sys2!user SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), uucp(1), uuencode(5) STANDARDS
This implementation is compliant with P1003.2b/D11. BUGS
If more than one file is given to uudecode and the -o option is given or more than one name in the encoded files are the same the result is probably not what is expected. The encoded form of the file is expanded by 37% for UU encoding and by 35% for base64 encoding (3 bytes become 4 plus control information). HISTORY
The uuencode command appeared in BSD 4.0. uuencode(1)