Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux on LVM
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Linux on LVM Post 302653935 by Tlogine on Monday 11th of June 2012 03:43:38 AM
Old 06-11-2012
Dear all,

In Slackware machine, you are seeing that you have only one file system and it is under LVM. Booted through lilo

You have one HDD and only one partition and type is LVM. Bootloader is written in MBR.

/dev/rootvg/rootlv /

Please let me know how it is working.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux LVM 1.X and muliple path

Hi all, yes this is a linux question :) but also a LVM question. Some time ago, I saw an posting, LVM Version 1.X is abe to handle multiple physical pathes to a disk with using md devices. Is this right ? Now I am planing to create a san and want use linux fileservers with LVM v1.X and most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Corrupted journal in a Linux LVM How to recover

Not real Linux expert but here is the problem. Shutdown this machine and then it would not reboot. From everything I can tell it looks like the journal file in the logical volume is corrupted. I have tried everything I can think of to get the volume mounted. Anybody have any ideas on how... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
19 Replies

4. Linux

LVM for linux OS?

Hi, What do you means to create so OS Linux directories under LVM? So, I've installed my machine : df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 97943628 524316 92443984 1% / udev 4023852 168 4023684 1% /dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux LVM Question

I've three partitions on /dev/sda: sda1, sda2 sda3. There is FREE space between sda2 and sda3 and sda3 ends on the last sector. sda2 and sda3 have the same number of sectors allocated and so are the exact same size. /dev/sda2 is already part of the VG VolGroup. However, what puzzles me is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to shrink root file system (LVM) in Linux Fedora 9?

My root file system is of type LVM. i wanna shrink it but unable to do so. When i give the below command: resize2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-VolLog00 10000M it messages that online shrink can't can't be done as the logical volume is mounted on /. i switched to single user mode by giving command:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Linux LVM.. Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux partition with LVM

Hi, I need a suggesstion i have 2 disk if i installed OS / root partition by making Lvm in one disk and data in other disk also with the lvm, means 2 different lvms. Is making LVM partition for OS disk will the performacne will be good? Can i make 2 different lvm one is for OS and other for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) PVCK(8)