Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LVM helper
Operating Systems HP-UX LVM helper Post 302650137 by vbe on Friday 1st of June 2012 03:18:22 PM
Old 06-01-2012
I hope I have not discouraged you with my post...

Good luck!
And yes if the script were correctly documented, I could have looked a bit but now Im stressed by stranges issues and urgent jobs to do and check before monday...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Lvm

Hi, can we create logical volume from 2 different volume groups. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopalredhat
1 Replies

2. AIX

lvm

Hi. can anyone define about VGDA,VGSA,and quorum in aix.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff - turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-v] -a quotaoff [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. Quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have any disk quotas diskquotas turned off. The filesystems specified must have entries in /etc/fstab and be mounted. Quotaon expects each filesystem to have a quota file named quotas located at the root of the associated file system. These defaults may be overridden in /etc/fstab. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable all the filesystems indi- cated in /etc/fstab to be read-write with disk quotas. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. FILES
quotas at the filesystem root with user quotas /etc/fstab filesystem table SEE ALSO
quota(1), setquota(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution January 21, 1996 QUOTAON(8)