Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ps command Post 302644575 by muffle on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 06:58:00 AM
Old 05-22-2012
Thanks to both jlliagre & radoulov. I understand now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
genconf(1)					 GROMACS suite, VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c					genconf(1)

NAME
genconf - multiplies a conformation in 'random' orientations VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c SYNOPSIS
genconf -f conf.gro -o out.gro -trj traj.xtc -[no]h -[no]version -nice int -nbox vector -dist vector -seed int -[no]rot -[no]shuffle -[no]sort -block int -nmolat int -maxrot vector -[no]renumber DESCRIPTION
genconf multiplies a given coordinate file by simply stacking them on top of each other, like a small child playing with wooden blocks. The program makes a grid of user-defined proportions ( -nbox), and interspaces the grid point with an extra space -dist. When option -rot is used the program does not check for overlap between molecules on grid points. It is recommended to make the box in the input file at least as big as the coordinates + van der Waals radius. If the optional trajectory file is given, conformations are not generated, but read from this file and translated appropriately to build the grid. FILES
-f conf.gro Input Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr etc. -o out.gro Output Structure file: gro g96 pdb etc. -trj traj.xtc Input, Opt. Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb cpt OTHER OPTIONS
-[no]hno Print help info and quit -[no]versionno Print version info and quit -nice int 0 Set the nicelevel -nbox vector 1 1 1 Number of boxes -dist vector 0 0 0 Distance between boxes -seed int 0 Random generator seed, if 0 generated from the time -[no]rotno Randomly rotate conformations -[no]shuffleno Random shuffling of molecules -[no]sortno Sort molecules on X coord -block int 1 Divide the box in blocks on this number of cpus -nmolat int 3 Number of atoms per molecule, assumed to start from 0. If you set this wrong, it will screw up your system! -maxrot vector 180 180 180 Maximum random rotation -[no]renumberyes Renumber residues KNOWN PROBLEMS
- The program should allow for random displacement of lattice points. SEE ALSO
gromacs(7) More information about GROMACS is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/>. Mon 4 Apr 2011 genconf(1)