Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing How to check performance of your HPC cluster? Post 302643627 by albertspade on Sunday 20th of May 2012 06:09:03 AM
Old 05-20-2012
Thanks for your help Otheus.
Smilie
I am new to the field of HPC. I installed HPCC and HPL. Even I am able run it and get the results. But I am not able to understand it. Also its running for my colete cluster, I also want to run them for my single machine. And now I am not able to tell whether its running on both the cores of my machine or only one process per machine, as I am having core 2 duo machines.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Performance check without a counterpart

Hi, is it possible to check out the speed limits of a box without a remote peer for netio and stuff? I transferred 1 Terrabyte last night, which is not really much and need to find the bottleneck. The remote server is soon going to retire, yet I need to copy the 8T to the new machine. This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check all the applications are in cluster using shell script

Hi I have an application running in four different node.The server is tomcat.Each node in each tomcat server.How do i check whether all the nodes are in cluster using shell script. any command to check this would be of great use.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script to check if cm cluster is up or not.

hi guys have this little problem, need some help from script gurus. basically I'm running hpux cmviewcl command, cmviewcl command will produce db1pkg up running enabled box1 my script PSV='box1' STAT='up' check_db1pkg() { # assign cmviewcl output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the server is on a Cluster

Hi im connecting to a datacenter remotely. is there a command to know if the server is on a cluster? i want to know the command to use in these OS(hp-ux,solaris,linux) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
6 Replies

5. Linux

Cluster check

I am working on a Linux server and want to check the cluster status. I dont know how many server is in cluster and what is the command to check. could you please help me to get the cluster status? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to check performance?

Hi, all What would be the a,b,c in troubleshooting slow performance on RH box, I type and it became really slow, what commands or log files to examine. What parameters to check? Thanks all T (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
2 Replies

8. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
cmdeleteconf(1m)														  cmdeleteconf(1m)

NAME
cmdeleteconf - Delete either the cluster or the package configuration SYNOPSIS
cmdeleteconf [-f] [-v] [-c cluster_name] [[-p package_name]...] DESCRIPTION
cmdeleteconf deletes either the entire cluster configuration, including all its packages, or only the specified package configuration. If neither cluster_name nor package_name is specified, cmdeleteconf will delete the local cluster's configuration and all its packages. If the local node's cluster configuration is outdated, cmdeleteconf without any argument will only delete the local node's configuration. If only the package_name is specified, the configuration of package_name in the local cluster is deleted. If both cluster_name and pack- age_name are specified, the package must be configured in the cluster_name, and only the package package_name will be deleted. cmdelete- conf with only cluster_name specified will delete the entire cluster configuration on all the nodes in the cluster, regardless of the con- figuration version. The local cluster is the cluster that the node running the cmdeleteconf command belongs to. Only a superuser, whose effective user ID is zero (see id(1) and su(1)), can delete the configuration. To delete the cluster configuration, halt the cluster first. To delete a package configuration you must halt the package first, but you do not need to halt the cluster (it may remain up or be brought down). To delete the package VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only), you must first delete all packages with STORAGE_GROUP defined. While deleting the cluster, if any of the cluster nodes are powered down, the user can choose to continue deleting the configuration. In this case, the cluster configuration on the down node will remain in place and, therefore, be out of sync with the rest of the cluster. If the powered-down node ever comes up, the user should execute the cmdeleteconf command with no argument on that node to clean up the config- uration before doing any other Serviceguard command. Options cmdeleteconf supports the following options: -f Force the deletion of either the cluster configuration or the package configuration. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -c cluster_name Name of the cluster to delete. The cluster must be halted already, if intending to delete the cluster. -p package_name Name of an existing package to delete from the cluster. The package must be halted already. There should not be any packages in the cluster with STORAGE_GROUP defined before having a package_name of VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only). RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, cmdeleteconf returns one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
The high availability environment contains the cluster, clusterA , and a package, pkg1. To delete package pkg1 in clusterA, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA -p pkg1 To delete the cluster clusterA and all its packages, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA AUTHOR
cmdeleteconf was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmcheckconf(1m), cmapplyconf(1m), cmgetconf(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmquerycl(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdeleteconf(1m)