Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wrong ELF class
Operating Systems Solaris Wrong ELF class Post 302643601 by jlliagre on Sunday 20th of May 2012 02:39:04 AM
Old 05-20-2012
You are missing a couple of libraries and two other ones are 64-bit while you are compiling in 32-bit mode. You can't mix 32 and 64 bit code.

Remove all objects you built (likely "make clean") then add -m64 to the compiler options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 when trying to run ps as particular user

I get the following error when running /usr/bin/ps on Solaris 10 as a particular non-privileged user: ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /usr/dt/lib/libXm.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Killed However I can run /usr/bin/ps successfuly as root or as any other non-privileged user. What could it be about this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

5. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
GELF_CHECKSUM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  GELF_CHECKSUM(3)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum, gelf_checksum -- return the checksum of an ELF object LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> long gelf_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a simple checksum of the ELF object described by their argument elf. The checksum is computed in way that allows its value to remain unchanged in presence of modifications to the ELF object by utilities like strip(1). Function elf32_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS32. Function elf64_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS64. Function gelf_checksum() provides a class-independent way retrieving the checksum for ELF object elf. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the checksum of the ELF object, or zero in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] The ELF descriptor elf was not opened for reading or updating. [ELF_E_CLASS] For functions elf32_checksum() and elf64_checksum(), ELF descriptor elf did not match the class of the called function. [ELF_E_HEADER] The ELF object specified by argument elf had a malformed executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected during processing. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF object specified by argument elf contained a section with a malformed section header. [ELF_E_VERSION] The ELF object was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
strip(1), elf(3), gelf(3) BSD
August 29, 2006 BSD