Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing How to check performance of your HPC cluster? Post 302643311 by otheus on Saturday 19th of May 2012 03:49:51 AM
Old 05-19-2012
the standard measuring tool is HPL which solves for a very large multidimensional array. Prepackaged rpms might be found in the Rocks distribution. The answer is yes to each of your other questions
This User Gave Thanks to otheus For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Performance check without a counterpart

Hi, is it possible to check out the speed limits of a box without a remote peer for netio and stuff? I transferred 1 Terrabyte last night, which is not really much and need to find the bottleneck. The remote server is soon going to retire, yet I need to copy the 8T to the new machine. This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check all the applications are in cluster using shell script

Hi I have an application running in four different node.The server is tomcat.Each node in each tomcat server.How do i check whether all the nodes are in cluster using shell script. any command to check this would be of great use.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script to check if cm cluster is up or not.

hi guys have this little problem, need some help from script gurus. basically I'm running hpux cmviewcl command, cmviewcl command will produce db1pkg up running enabled box1 my script PSV='box1' STAT='up' check_db1pkg() { # assign cmviewcl output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the server is on a Cluster

Hi im connecting to a datacenter remotely. is there a command to know if the server is on a cluster? i want to know the command to use in these OS(hp-ux,solaris,linux) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
6 Replies

5. Linux

Cluster check

I am working on a Linux server and want to check the cluster status. I dont know how many server is in cluster and what is the command to check. could you please help me to get the cluster status? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to check performance?

Hi, all What would be the a,b,c in troubleshooting slow performance on RH box, I type and it became really slow, what commands or log files to examine. What parameters to check? Thanks all T (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
2 Replies

8. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD