Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing How to check performance of your HPC cluster? Post 302643311 by otheus on Saturday 19th of May 2012 03:49:51 AM
Old 05-19-2012
the standard measuring tool is HPL which solves for a very large multidimensional array. Prepackaged rpms might be found in the Rocks distribution. The answer is yes to each of your other questions
This User Gave Thanks to otheus For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Performance check without a counterpart

Hi, is it possible to check out the speed limits of a box without a remote peer for netio and stuff? I transferred 1 Terrabyte last night, which is not really much and need to find the bottleneck. The remote server is soon going to retire, yet I need to copy the 8T to the new machine. This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check all the applications are in cluster using shell script

Hi I have an application running in four different node.The server is tomcat.Each node in each tomcat server.How do i check whether all the nodes are in cluster using shell script. any command to check this would be of great use.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script to check if cm cluster is up or not.

hi guys have this little problem, need some help from script gurus. basically I'm running hpux cmviewcl command, cmviewcl command will produce db1pkg up running enabled box1 my script PSV='box1' STAT='up' check_db1pkg() { # assign cmviewcl output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the server is on a Cluster

Hi im connecting to a datacenter remotely. is there a command to know if the server is on a cluster? i want to know the command to use in these OS(hp-ux,solaris,linux) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
6 Replies

5. Linux

Cluster check

I am working on a Linux server and want to check the cluster status. I dont know how many server is in cluster and what is the command to check. could you please help me to get the cluster status? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to check performance?

Hi, all What would be the a,b,c in troubleshooting slow performance on RH box, I type and it became really slow, what commands or log files to examine. What parameters to check? Thanks all T (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
2 Replies

8. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
CLUSTER(1)						      General Commands Manual							CLUSTER(1)

NAME
cluster - find clusters in a graph and augment the graph with this information. SYNOPSIS
cluster [-v?] [ -Ck ] [ -ck ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
cluster takes as input a graph in DOT format, finds node clusters and augments the graph with this information. The clusters are specified by the "cluster" attribute attached to nodes; cluster values are non-negative integers. cluster attempts to maximize the modularity of the clustering. If the edge attribute "weight" is defined, this will be used in computing the clustering. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ck specifies a targeted number of clusters that should be generated. The specified number k is only a suggestion and may not be real- isable. If k == 0, the default, the number of clusters that approximately optimizes the modularity is returned. -ck specifies clustering method. If k == 0, the default, the modularity will be used. If k == 1 modularity quality will be used. -ooutfile Specifies that output should go into the file outfile. By default, stdout is used. -v Verbose mode. EXAMPLES
Applying cluster to the following graph, graph { 1--2 [weight=10.] 2--3 [weight=1] 3--4 [weight=10.] 4--5 [weight=10] 5--6 [weight=10] 3--6 [weight=0.1] 4--6 [weight=10.] } gives graph { node [cluster="-1"]; 1 [cluster=1]; 2 [cluster=1]; 3 [cluster=2]; 4 [cluster=2]; 5 [cluster=2]; 6 [cluster=2]; 1 -- 2 [weight="10."]; 2 -- 3 [weight=1]; 3 -- 4 [weight="10."]; 4 -- 5 [weight=10]; 5 -- 6 [weight=10]; 3 -- 6 [weight="0.1"]; 4 -- 6 [weight="10."]; } AUTHOR
Yifan Hu <yifanhu@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1) Blondel, V.D., Guillaume, J.L., Lambiotte, R., Lefebvre, E.: Fast unfolding of communities in large networks. Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment (2008), P10008. 3 March 2011 CLUSTER(1)