Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Difference between Windows and Linux Post 302641689 by Corona688 on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 11:40:54 AM
Old 05-16-2012
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc over an ssh tunnel Linux to Linux to Windows

I *think* what I want to do is not only possible but easy, but as a "dummy" :) I can't figure it out. Here's what I have: Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) laptop that is not in my house, but has an Internet connection. Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) computer in my house that has unfettered access to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WesleyC
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution difference in perl scripts for windows / AIX

Hi, I have perl script abc.pl which runs perfectly fine on windows ( execution from cmd). Now i tried to execute the same perl module on the AIX server after defining the captureoutput.pm and other relevant changes. But its behaving very weirdly as a portion of the URL which is formed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slayer0611
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between windows and Unix

Hi all, can anyone share any URl or link which is about the main 20 advantages and features of unix over windows i mean i need camparison matrix between windows and any flavour of unix. thanks a lot in advance for sharing. Best Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Difference between windows and linux?

Hi.. What is the difference between linux and windows? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between unix and linux

Hi I am new to linux I have dout waht is the difference between UNIX and LINUX Is there any soft for insatallation for UNIX OS Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaya
0 Replies

7. Linux

What is the difference between Linux and Windows?

Hi, What is the difference between Linux and Windows? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX and Windows Disk storage

I have heard that UNIX disk storage is costlier than Windows Disk storage. Is that true? If not why we have limited storage on UNIX systems? Windows disk storage is so cheap nowadays. Is it not true for UNIX disks? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
CURL_ESCAPE(3)								 1							    CURL_ESCAPE(3)

curl_escape - URL encodes the given string

SYNOPSIS
string curl_escape (resource $ch, string $str) DESCRIPTION
This function URL encodes the given string according to RFC 3986. PARAMETERS
o $ch -A cURL handle returned by curl_init(3). o $str - The string to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns escaped string or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 curl_escape(3) example <?php // Create a curl handle $ch = curl_init(); // Escape a string used as a GET parameter $location = curl_escape($ch, 'Hofbrauhaus / Munchen'); // Result: Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Compose an URL with the escaped string $url = "http://example.com/add_location.php?location={$location}"; // Result: http://example.com/add_location.php?location=Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Send HTTP request and close the handle curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); ?> SEE ALSO
curl_unescape(3), urlencode(3), rawurlencode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group CURL_ESCAPE(3)