Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Insert 1 space using the command sed Post 302638805 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 10th of May 2012 05:34:19 PM
Old 05-10-2012
Yet one more:
Code:
sed 's/./& /10'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command to change ./ to a space

Hello, i'm trying to remove the ./ from this file using this SED command: sed 's/.///g' all3.lst > all4.lst Does anyone know the correct format for this? For example, i'm trying to convert ./_ABMSTR.TXT.out to: _ABMSTR.TXT.out Thanks... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space between characters using sed

Input: Youcaneasilydothisbyhighlightingyourcode. Putting space after three characters. You can eas ily dot his byh igh lig hti ngy our cod e. How can i do this using sed? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - sed - insert space between string of form XxxAxxBcx, without replacing the pattern

If the string is of the pattern XxxXyzAbc... The expected out put from sed has to be Xxx Xyz Abc ... eg: if the string is QcfEfQfs, then the expected output is Qcf Ef Efs. If i try to substitute the pattern with space then the sed will replace the character or pattern with space,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command

hi I am trying to use SED to replace the line matching a pattern using the command sed 'pattern c\ new line ' <file1 >file 2 I got two questions 1. how do I insert a blank space at the beginning of new line? 2. how do I use this command to execute multiple command using the -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert charactera in 1st position of specific lines using vi editor or sed command

Dear all, i am having text file like below surya rama ranga laxman rajesh reddy i want add string (OK) before a text from line 3 to 5 the result will be surya rama OK ranga OK laxman OK rajesh reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command to Insert a line before the last four lines of the file

By using sed command, How to insert a new line before the last four lines of the file. Old Line Old Line NEW LINE! Old Line Old Line Old Line Old Line (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wridler
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space in a word using sed

Hi all, I have a file that looks like this- ----------------------------- . . ATOM 8 O2' U A 5 135.452 109.687 7.148 1.00 48.99 A16S ATOM 9 C1' U A 5 135.282 111.512 5.641 1.00 48.99 A16S ATOM 10 N1 U A 5 134.647 112.595 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmi_g
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)