Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List system users and..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List system users and.. Post 302628995 by methyl on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 08:15:59 AM
Old 04-24-2012
Please post the output from these commands, blotting the machine name with X's.

Code:
uname -a

echo "${SHELL}"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find users using system(List them only once)

Hey, got a few questions here for anyone who can help...... Command line to - display users using the system, but count them only once. Command line to - use the lastcomm command to display how many times ive used grep in october. Command line to - list all logged on users with at least 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xBuRnTx
3 Replies

2. AIX

Default system users

Hello I have a question I have this users on my aix 5.3 box. This are a default users. lp:*:11:11::/var/spool/lp:/bin/false invscout:*:6:12::/var/adm/invscout:/usr/bin/ksh snapp:*:200:13:snapp login user:/usr/sbin/snapp:/usr/sbin/snappd ipsec:*:201:1::/etc/ipsec:/usr/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use system users in perl for login page

Hi, I want to code a script with perl. For this, I need some knowledge. How can i use system user name(with group) and password in my login page? I will be happy if you can help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsinaltay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practices with AIX system users?

All, Preliminaries: AIX 5.2 Tivoli Maestro 6.1 (9.2) I am auditing an older AIX system. As it stands, I can login remotely to the system using the Maestro application's user account. This is BAD. The administrator claims that he cannot disable the remote login, because it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thatto
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

List of users on an AIX system

Is there a way to generate a list of users with name, user ID, and Security Group? It is urgent for audit purposes. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Find out the System users

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I want to create a file called Allusers that contains the list of currently logged on users and the total number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahm2008
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users logged into the system

So I'm trying to write a single line command So I have to use last first in this command and I've figured out the format my professor wants it in, something like thislast | cut -d' ' -f1,15 | sort > check | uniq -c.... and I never can get it right, when I just last command I get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoubleAlpha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
qmail-pw2u(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     qmail-pw2u(8)

NAME
qmail-pw2u - build address assignments from a passwd file SYNOPSIS
qmail-pw2u [ -/ohHuUC ] [ -cchar ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-pw2u reads a V7-format passwd file from standard input and prints a qmail-users-format assignment file. A V7-format passwd file is a series of lines. Each line has the format user:password:uid:gid:gecos:home:shell where user is an account name, uid and gid are the user id and group id of that account, and home is the account's home directory. pass- word, gecos, and shell are ignored by qmail-pw2u. If you put the output of qmail-pw2u into /var/lib/qmail/users/assign, and then run qmail-newu, qmail-lspawn will obey the assignments printed by qmail-pw2u. WARNING: After changing any users, uids, gids, or home directories in your passwd file, you must run qmail-pw2u and qmail-newu again if you want qmail-lspawn to see the changes. RULES
By default, qmail-pw2u follows the same rules as qmail-getpw. It skips user if (1) uid is zero, (2) home does not exist, (3) user does not own home, or (4) user contains uppercase letters. It then gives each remaining user control over the basic user address and all addresses of the form user-anything. A catch-all user, alias, controls all other addresses. You may change these rules by setting up files in /var/lib/qmail/users: include Allowed users, one per line. If include exists, and user is not listed in include, user is ignored. exclude Ignored users, one per line. If exclude exists, and user is listed in exclude, user is ignored. mailnames Replacement names for users. Each line has the form user:mailname1:mailname2:... The addresses mailname1 and mailname1-ext and mailname2 and so on will be delivered to user. WARNING: The addresses user and user-ext will not be delivered to user unless user is listed as one of the mailnames. A line in mailnames is silently ignored if the user does not exist. subusers Extra addresses. Each line has the form sub:user:pre: sub will be handled by home/.qmail-pre, where home is user's home directory; sub-ext will be handled by home/.qmail-pre-ext. append Extra assignments, printed at the end of qmail-pw2u's output. OPTIONS
-o (Default.) Skip user if home does not exist (or is not visible to qmail-pw2u). Skip user if home is not owned by user. -h Stop if home does not exist. This is appropriate if every user is supposed to have a home directory. Skip user if home is not owned by user. -H Do not check the existence or ownership of home. -U (Default.) Skip user if there are any uppercase letters in user. -u Allow uppercase letters in user. -cchar Use char as the user-extension delimiter in place of -. -C Disable the user-extension mechanism. -/ Use home/.qmail-/... instead of home/.qmail-... SEE ALSO
qmail-users(5), qmail-lspawn(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-getpw(8) qmail-pw2u(8)