Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx with attachment
Operating Systems Solaris mailx with attachment Post 302628693 by sridhardwh on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 01:05:04 AM
Old 04-24-2012
mailx with attachment

Hi,
When i used below command, i am able to send mail

Code:
mailx -s "Testing mail working or not " babu.sudhakar@ymail.com"

but if i want send attachment with mail,which syntax i need to follow to send a file as attachment.

Last edited by joeyg; 05-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Please use CodeTags around commands & scripts

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail or mailx attachment

I have used the forum to determine the format required to send attachments from hp-ux 11. the problem I have is that using mailx does not attach the file, but subsititing mailx for mail on the command line attaches the file but i'm not able to specify a subject? The attachment has been convert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brettmartin99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple File Attachment Using Mailx

HI, I want to send mail using mailx and also want to attach all files under specific directory.(*.*). Please show me a script. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnathani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attachment getting corrupted using mailx

Hi , Whenever I try to mail to external email Id's ( like yahoo , gmail etc ) the attachment is getting corrupted. In the script I am using the mailx option as follows:- (cat $temp_mail; uuencode $temp_info_csv $temp_info_csv)|mailx -s "Report" -m $c_mail_id; where $temp_mail is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandipan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

mailx with -m attachment corrupted

mailx with -m command sending emails with attachments correctly to all users except users who have email on microsoft exchange server. They are receiving attachments as garbled text in mail body (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankalpag
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx attachment not getting attached.

Hi Friends, Please help me with this problem. I have a number of split files in a directory. each split files has pdf filenames in it. pdf files are also in the same directory. I send a mail for each split files present in the directory with the pdf file mentioned in the file. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcebalaji
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help sending attachment via mailx

Hello, I am new to the Unix thing, and I am having trouble sending attachments via shell client putty through mailx. The command I use is $ mailx -s "Subject" user@blah.com < attachment.txt but everytime I do that it would say Cannot open attachment.txt I have the file save to my computer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrobin20
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a PDF attachment via MAILX?

Hi, We are using HPUX and have a script to send PDF attachment via MAILX Basically the script does the following: echo > $HOME/MY_mail_file uuencode o40881754.pdf o40881754.pdf >> MY_mail_file cat MY_mail_file | mailx -m -s "Sending PDF attachment" <email address> This script works... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michel
7 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)