Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time travel
The Lounge War Stories Time travel Post 302628217 by hedkandi on Monday 23rd of April 2012 05:45:50 AM
Old 04-23-2012
I thought your company figured out how to bend & go back in time Smilie if they do and there's vacancy please let me know Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

3. Programming

PHP Travel Clock based on Mysql Date time

I have date time records in a PHP mysql table, I need a PHP travel clock which obviously counts down, I mean acts like a travel clock, but the clock time should be the date time field value down by the second, based on the full date time, from day to seconds It is not just one record, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies
CGI::FormBuilder::Template(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   CGI::FormBuilder::Template(3pm)

NAME
CGI::FormBuilder::Template - Template adapters for FormBuilder SYNOPSIS
# Define a template engine package CGI::FormBuilder::Template::Whatever; use base 'Whatever::Template::Module'; sub new { my $self = shift; my $class = ref($self) || $self; my %opt = @_; # override some options $opt{some_setting} = 0; $opt{another_var} = 'Some Value'; # instantiate the template engine $opt{engine} = Whatever::Template::Module->new(%opt); return bless \%opt, $class; } sub render { my $self = shift; my $form = shift; # only arg is form object # grab any manually-set template params my %tmplvar = $form->tmpl_param; # example template manipulation my $html = $self->{engine}->do_template(%tmplvar); return $html; # scalar HTML is returned } DESCRIPTION
This documentation describes the usage of FormBuilder templates, as well as how to write your own template adapter. The template engines serve as adapters between CPAN template modules and FormBuilder. A template engine is invoked by using the "template" option to the top-level "new()" method: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( template => 'filename.tmpl' ); This example points to a filename that contains an "HTML::Template" compatible template to use to layout the HTML. You can also specify the "template" option as a reference to a hash, allowing you to further customize the template processing options, or use other template engines. For example, you could turn on caching in "HTML::Template" with something like the following: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, template => { filename => 'form.tmpl', shared_cache => 1 } ); As mentioned, specifying a hashref allows you to use an alternate template processing system like the "Template Toolkit". A minimal configuration would look like this: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, template => { type => 'TT2', # use Template Toolkit template => 'form.tmpl', }, ); The "type" option specifies the name of the engine. Currently accepted types are: Builtin - Included, default rendering if no template specified Div - Render form using <div> (no tables) HTML - HTML::Template Text - Text::Template TT2 - Template Toolkit Fast - CGI::FastTemplate CGI_SSI - CGI::SSI In addition to one of these types, you can also specify a complete package name, in which case that module will be autoloaded and its "new()" and "render()" routines used. For example: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, template => { type => 'My::Template::Module', template => 'form.tmpl', }, ); All other options besides "type" are passed to the constructor for that templating system verbatim, so you'll need to consult those docs to see what all the different options do. Skip down to "SEE ALSO". SUBCLASSING TEMPLATE ADAPTERS
In addition to the above included template engines, it is also possible to write your own rendering module. If you come up with something cool, please let the mailing list know! To do so, you need to write a module which has a sub called "render()". This sub will be called by FormBuilder when "$form->render" is called. This sub can do basically whatever it wants, the only thing it has to do is return a scalar string which is the HTML to print out. This is actually not hard. Here's a simple adapter which would manipulate an "HTML::Template" style template: # This file is My/HTML/Template.pm package My::HTML::Template; use CGI::FormBuilder::Template::HTML; use base 'CGI::FormBuilder::Template::HTML'; sub render { my $self = shift; # class object my $form = shift; # $form as only argument # the template object (engine) lives here my $tmpl = $self->engine; # setup vars for our fields (objects) for ($form->field) { $tmpl->param($_ => $_->value); } # render output my $html = $tmpl->output; # return scalar; return $html; } 1; # close module Then in FormBuilder: use CGI::FormBuilder; use My::HTML::Template; # your module my $tmpl = My::HTML::Template->new; my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => [qw(name email)], header => 1, template => $tmpl # pass template object ); # set our company from an extra CGI param my $co = $form->cgi_param('company'); $tmpl->engine->param(company => $co); # and render like normal print $form->render; That's it! For more details, the best thing to do is look through the guts of one of the existing template engines and go from there. SEE ALSO
CGI::FormBuilder, CGI::FormBuilder::Template::HTML, CGI::FormBuilder::Template::Text, CGI::FormBuilder::Template::TT2, CGI::FormBuilder::Template::Fast, CGI::FormBuilder::Template::CGI_SSI REVISION
$Id: Template.pm 97 2007-02-06 17:10:39Z nwiger $ AUTHOR
Copyright (c) Nate Wiger <http://nateware.com>. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you may copy this under the terms of the GNU General Public License, or the Artistic License, copies of which should have accompanied your Perl kit. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-16 CGI::FormBuilder::Template(3pm)