Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX - read only FTP
Operating Systems AIX AIX - read only FTP Post 302625141 by henriette on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 10:24:16 AM
Old 04-17-2012
Thanks for reply.

I tried it and I get error (great!):

Code:
ftp> put core
200 EPRT command successful.
550 Write access denied

but when I try to make directory, it's OK and directory is created..

Code:
ftp> mkdir testfolder
257 MKD command successful.
ftp> ls -la
200 EPRT command successful.
150 Opening data connection for /bin/ls.
total 0
drwxr-x---    3 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:23 .
drwxr-x---    7 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:18 ..
drwxr-x---    2 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:23 testfolder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to read a directory

help needed ! I have an ftp script that read a directory for files with the *.*, problem is now that it returns a lot and now i will like to limit the data to get by only selecting the required files. All the files have and extension with the year date eg. bb039519.233. the .233 is the date of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jikyj
11 Replies

2. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

3. AIX

chrooted FTP in AIX

Hi, I want to configure chrooted FTP (not Proftpd) in AIX. What are the steps to perform this configuration and which and config files in AIX to configure? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imad77
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - FTP

Hello, I have a FTP script below that automatically send files to host. Currently, i am having problems if our network connection is down. Our host cannot receive a file once the network connect is down. Could there be a additional command that i need to add below so that it would not send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibora
4 Replies

5. AIX

FTP on AIX

Hi All We have planned to communicate with our trading prtner via FTP. We both have servers running on AIX. We want to exchange files with each other via FTP. I am new to AIX. Any help appreciated:) Thanks:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: user1183
7 Replies

6. AIX

AIX FTP issue

Hi, I ftpd "binary" mode into a AIX server and transferred .tar.tar files. When i untar using "tar -xvf <filename>.tar.gz" It shows "tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 70568." Please Help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp read a file

hi, i need ftp commands which read a text file and ftp the contents of the file to a another machine. Anyone can help me out please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Forum: FTP from AIX to Mainframe

This discussion thread is an extension to what was discussed in Shell scripting section. Please refer the post for the requirement: Requirement Post - Click Here The whole thread - Click Here I would like to know how I can use NDM to transfer file from AIX to Mainframe and to verify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
3 Replies
face(1) 							   User Commands							   face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)