Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx not sending excel attachment properly Post 302625097 by asp_julius on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 09:37:33 AM
Old 04-17-2012
Hi Jim,

I did FTP the .xls file on to my desktop. It opens with the intended output. The mailx works fine when I attach a PDF file.

Regards,
Anoop

---------- Post updated at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:53 PM ----------

I got the issue. I was using webmail to check the output. The attachment works fine with MS Outlook.

Regards,
Anoop

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with text & attachment using mailx

I spent some time working this out, with a little help from various forums, and thought the community would like to know : Here is how you can send an email from a single Unix command line : /usr/bin/echo "Email text\nNew line\nAnother new line" >x | uuencode sourcefile.txt sourcefile.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haryadoon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx attachment sending large file

Hi I want to sent attachment file which is 400mb size.(single file, not tar file) is there any way that these kind of large files can be divided into small sizes and sent as attachments thanks with anticipation (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

8. Solaris

mailx with attachment

Hi, When i used below command, i am able to send mail mailx -s "Testing mail working or not " babu.sudhakar@ymail.com" but if i want send attachment with mail,which syntax i need to follow to send a file as attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help sending attachment via mailx

Hello, I am new to the Unix thing, and I am having trouble sending attachments via shell client putty through mailx. The command I use is $ mailx -s "Subject" user@blah.com < attachment.txt but everytime I do that it would say Cannot open attachment.txt I have the file save to my computer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrobin20
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Excel Files as attachment using Mail

Hie, I need to attach an .xlsx file as an attachment to a mail. I have used the mail option but i dont think there is anything for attachment. Can you show me how else can i do it? I am not allowed to install mutt since it is a workplace and they have their restrictions. And its a Bash Shell (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: barryallen
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)