Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to run multiple command in a single line? Post 302623775 by boy18nj on Saturday 14th of April 2012 02:39:57 PM
Old 04-14-2012
This is so cool. Thanks

Does this means I am not innovative or dumb...I know how to script...why this stuff did not come to my mind?

There is a one way to know, can you tell me how did you first come to know about this? I've read unix books, but none talk like this at command level.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run command Unix on a single line

Hi everybody.. I need to enter in bash mode and then run a command and this just in a single command line. I tried : "bash ^M| somecommand" but nothing.. How do I do to simulate the return button just right after the bash command ? Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in single command?

Dear Unix Guru, I have several directories as below /home/user/ dir1 dir2 dir3 Each directory has different size. I want to print each directory size (Solaris command du -hs .) Can you please guide me how to achieve this? Thanks Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple command in a single line

Hi Can we run the linux command and per script in a single command $ cd /usr/local/adm/ ;ctsv scmtest_qabuild ;cspec.pl scmtest This is a combination of linux and clearcase command and last one is perl script with argument. I can see the first and 2nd coomand is executing but last... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Su and run single line command

myenv.sh script sets LOG_DIR variable. I can run the script and echo the variable in a single line as: # First set LOG_DIR to some dummy 'NONE' value $ export LOG_DIR="NONE" $ echo ${LOG_DIR} NONE $ cat /tmp/bin/myenv.sh export LOG_DIR="/tmp/log" #The below command doesn't show the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A single script to run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script. I have a written a scripting till the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run simple single command on multiple Linux servers?

Hi All, How can i run a single command on multiple servers with or without giving credentials. I have a file(servers.txt) which has got list of servers and i want to run a command lsb_release -dr on all these servers and get output of those servers against each server. I tried below code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
9 Replies
in.talkd(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              in.talkd(1M)

NAME
in.talkd, talkd - server for talk program SYNOPSIS
in.talkd DESCRIPTION
talkd is a server used by the talk(1) program. It listens at the UDP port indicated in the ``talk'' service description; see services(4). The actual conversation takes place on a TCP connection that is established by negotiation between the two machines involved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), talk(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The protocol is architecture dependent. The in.talkd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/talk Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 31 Jul 2004 in.talkd(1M)