Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send mail with attachment in Unix Post 302617619 by parthmittal2007 on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 02:32:01 AM
Old 04-03-2012
That i know, But i want that when the mail should come it should contain the attached file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to send a mail with an attachment from AIX 5.2 OS?

Has anyone written a script to attach a file when sending an email using the mailx command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mintu41
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment with mail ?

hello , i m new to linux/unix , well in my college their is linux server to which we all (i and my frnds) login , we can send mail to each other through command "mail" . but any one can tell me how can i attached a binary file with mail. we are using red hat , "pine ", "mailx" , all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send a attachment mail in unix

hi, i have the code as below #!/bin/sh MAIL=/usr/bin/Mail Mail_addr="aaa@bb.com" Mail_file="/home/delta/dev/aa.doc" ${MAIL} -s " health check" ${Mail_addr} < ${Mail_file} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail from AIX unix with multiple attachment

Hi, I have the below code for sending email from AIX unix. I need the body of the mail should content of errornotify.txt file. i tested with cat errornotify.txt, it is not working...Also i need multiple attachments. Can you please help me out on this. ( echo "From:cus@xxx.xx.com" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using attachment

Hi All, I need to send mail with attachment. I am using uuencode but it seems it is sending encoded file. I am getting the mail with attachment but there is no data even the file size is almost 90KB. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail as attachment

Hi All, I am trying to send mail via unix and attaching file along with that mail, but facing issue while sending. I have tried below commands- 1)- uuencode $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody | mailx -s "Acknowledgment file- $subject" $email_id 2)- mutt -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Mail With Attachment

Hi, I need to send attachment with email as external attachment. Presently, we are using uuencode to make an attachment but it is going as content of body. We are using below command. uuencode "filename1" "filename2" | mailx -r "$SENDFROM" ${SENDTO} In unix box, -a is not supportable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshi929
1 Replies
msgchk(1)						      General Commands Manual							 msgchk(1)

NAME
msgchk - check for messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
msgchk [-help] [-nodate] [-notify all | | | mail | | | nomail] [users ... ] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Prints the date when you last read your mail. This is the default behavior of msgchk. The -nodate option can be used of you do not want to print this date. Indicates under what circumstances msgchk should produce a message. There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail. The default is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not. The -notify mail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting. The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is no mail in it. Specifies the source which are checked for mail. The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. DESCRIPTION
The msgchk program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you. It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and shows the date that you last read your mail. You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line. RESTRICTIONS
msgchk does not understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable. If mail is fetched from a location other than /usr/spool/mail/$USER, msgchk will not be able to determine if new mail has arrived. However, inc can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives. For this version, the -source option only supports the value file. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. EXAMPLES
This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop: % msgchk Smith: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1988 17:21:49 WET The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones: % msgchk Rabb Jones Rabb: No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 13:22:25 WET Jones: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 17:30:05 WET FILES
The user profile. The system customization file. The user's maildrop. SEE ALSO
inc(1) msgchk(1)