Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send mail with attachment in Unix Post 302617611 by parthmittal2007 on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 02:19:08 AM
Old 04-03-2012
But the file is not attached in this code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to send a mail with an attachment from AIX 5.2 OS?

Has anyone written a script to attach a file when sending an email using the mailx command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mintu41
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment with mail ?

hello , i m new to linux/unix , well in my college their is linux server to which we all (i and my frnds) login , we can send mail to each other through command "mail" . but any one can tell me how can i attached a binary file with mail. we are using red hat , "pine ", "mailx" , all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send a attachment mail in unix

hi, i have the code as below #!/bin/sh MAIL=/usr/bin/Mail Mail_addr="aaa@bb.com" Mail_file="/home/delta/dev/aa.doc" ${MAIL} -s " health check" ${Mail_addr} < ${Mail_file} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail from AIX unix with multiple attachment

Hi, I have the below code for sending email from AIX unix. I need the body of the mail should content of errornotify.txt file. i tested with cat errornotify.txt, it is not working...Also i need multiple attachments. Can you please help me out on this. ( echo "From:cus@xxx.xx.com" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using attachment

Hi All, I need to send mail with attachment. I am using uuencode but it seems it is sending encoded file. I am getting the mail with attachment but there is no data even the file size is almost 90KB. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail as attachment

Hi All, I am trying to send mail via unix and attaching file along with that mail, but facing issue while sending. I have tried below commands- 1)- uuencode $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody | mailx -s "Acknowledgment file- $subject" $email_id 2)- mutt -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Mail With Attachment

Hi, I need to send attachment with email as external attachment. Presently, we are using uuencode to make an attachment but it is going as content of body. We are using below command. uuencode "filename1" "filename2" | mailx -r "$SENDFROM" ${SENDTO} In unix box, -a is not supportable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshi929
1 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send and receive electronic mail SYNOPSIS
mail [-dpqrv] [-f file] [user] OPTIONS
-d Force use of the shell variable MAILER -f Use file instead of /usr/spool/mail/user as mailbox -p Print all mail and then exit -q Quit program if SIGINT received -r Reverse print order, i.e., print oldest first -v Verbose mode EXAMPLES
mail ast # Send a message to ast mail # Read your mail DESCRIPTION
Mail is an extremely simple electronic mail program. It can be used to send or receive email on a single MINIX system, in which case it functions as user agent and local delivery agent. If the flag MAILER is defined in mail.c, it can also call a transport agent to handle remote mail as well. No such agent is supplied with MINIX. When called by user with no arguments, it examines the mailbox /usr/spool/mail/user, prints one message (depending on the -r flag), and waits for one of the following commands: <newline> Go to the next message - Print the previous message !command Fork off a shell and execute command CTRL-D Update the mailbox and quit (same as q) d Delete the current message and go to the next one q Update the mailbox and quit (same as CTRL-D) p Print the current message again s [file] Save message in the named file x Exit without updating the mailbox To send mail, the program is called with the name of the recipient as an argument. The mail is sent, along with a postmark line containing the date. For local delivery, a file named after the recipient in the directory /usr/spool/mail must be writable. If the directory /usr/spool/mail does not exist then the mail is dumped on the console, so that system programs have a way to notify a user on a system that does not have a mail spool. MAIL(1)