Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable Post 302616735 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 1st of April 2012 11:18:41 AM
Old 04-01-2012
It doesn't like the -- in the directory name, I believe. Do one of these

1. pick another name like "prefix" with no dashes - this is a better long term idea, unix has issues with interpreting leading dashes in filenames

2. Use the full path to the -- :
Code:
command  /full/path/to/--prefix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

3. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. AIX

Uninstall a relocatable package

Hi, If a package has been installed at normal location: installp -u <package_name> uninstalls the package However, if that has been installed relocatable, the above command fails. It requires the relocatable path as the parameter installp -R <relocation_path> -u <package_name> To find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Emacs Install: Can't specify package path (21.5.29)

Hello, all. I'm trying to compile and install X-Emacs. The .configure package path options for installing new versions of X-Emacs has changed, and I can't make them work for me! I'm trying to install X-Emacs 21.5.29 (current Beta), and despite using the new package path .configure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LovinLinux
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

8. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

9. Fedora

Install RPM package after OS Installation

Hi Guys I want to know whether is it possible to automatically Install a RPM package after installing OS. Basically we have have one rpm package which we want to install as part of OS installation . Please Suggest (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
LFC_OPENDIR(3)						       LFC Library Functions						    LFC_OPENDIR(3)

NAME
lfc_opendir - open a LFC directory in the name server SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "lfc_api.h" lfc_DIR *lfc_opendir (const char *path) DESCRIPTION
lfc_opendir opens a LFC directory in the name server to be used in subsequent lfc_readdir operations. A lfc_DIR structure and a buffer to cache the directory entries are allocated in the client API. path specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns a pointer to be used in the subsequent directory function calls if the operation was successful or NULL if the opera- tion failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or read permission is denied on path. EFAULT path is a NULL pointer. ENOTDIR A component of path prefix is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_chdir(3), lfc_closedir(3), lfc_readdir(3), lfc_readdirg(3), lfc_rewinddir(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LFC
$Date: 2001/10/04 12:12:46 $ LFC_OPENDIR(3)