Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable Post 302616579 by g_p on Saturday 31st of March 2012 06:24:02 PM
Old 03-31-2012
Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello,

i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm"
in /usr/local/ directory.

I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't.

I did:

1st try: Didn't work

Code:
sudo rpm  -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205 /usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm
error: package hadoop is not relocatable

2nd try: Didn't work

Code:
 sudo rpm -i /usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm --prefix /usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205
error: package hadoop is not relocatable

What can i do in order to install the rpm package in a new location?

Thanks, in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

3. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. AIX

Uninstall a relocatable package

Hi, If a package has been installed at normal location: installp -u <package_name> uninstalls the package However, if that has been installed relocatable, the above command fails. It requires the relocatable path as the parameter installp -R <relocation_path> -u <package_name> To find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Emacs Install: Can't specify package path (21.5.29)

Hello, all. I'm trying to compile and install X-Emacs. The .configure package path options for installing new versions of X-Emacs has changed, and I can't make them work for me! I'm trying to install X-Emacs 21.5.29 (current Beta), and despite using the new package path .configure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LovinLinux
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

8. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

9. Fedora

Install RPM package after OS Installation

Hi Guys I want to know whether is it possible to automatically Install a RPM package after installing OS. Basically we have have one rpm package which we want to install as part of OS installation . Please Suggest (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
scap-as-rpm(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    scap-as-rpm(8)

NAME
scap-as-rpm - manual page for scap-as-rpm DESCRIPTION
usage: scap-as-rpm [-h] [--pkg-name PKG_NAME] [--pkg-version PKG_VERSION] [--pkg-release PKG_RELEASE] [--pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY] [--pkg-license PKG_LICENSE] [--pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION] [--rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION] [--srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION] FILE [FILE ...] Takes given SCAP input(s) and makes an RPM package that contains them. The result RPM can be installed using # yum install ./pack- age-name-1-1.rpm which will put the contents into /usr/share/xml/scap. No dependency on openscap or scapworkbench is enforced in the output package so you can use any SCAP-capable scanner to evaluate the content. positional arguments: FILE List of files that should be put into the result package. These should be SCAP XML files but such requirement is not enforced. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pkg-name PKG_NAME Name of the RPM package, if none is provided the basename of the first SCAP input is used. Ex.: xyzsecurity-guide --pkg-version PKG_VERSION --pkg-release PKG_RELEASE --pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY Optional short description of the package. --pkg-license PKG_LICENSE Short name of the license that you want to publish the package under. Ex.: GPLv2+, BSD, ... --pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION Folder where SCAP files are supposed to be installed. Each package will have its own folder inside this folder. RPM variables can be used and will be expanded as usual. It is recommended to keep the default settings. --rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result RPM shall be saved. --srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result SRPM shall be saved. scap-as-rpm November 2013 scap-as-rpm(8)