Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat /var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen" Post 302616277 by amarlinux on Friday 30th of March 2012 07:56:29 PM
Old 03-30-2012
Sorry wasnt paying attention, but i did try those commands before. Below are out puts, but since its vmxnet3, how to know if its jumbo frames ?

# ifconfig eth0 | grep MTU
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
# ethtool -i eth0 | grep driver
driver: vmxnet3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX "TCP/IP not licensed error"

I have been running 5.0.02 for more than 10 years in its present configuration. I am running a business software package on it (text based). I am trying to use my windows machines to access it through a program like "reflections" so that I can run my software from different systems but I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parkegio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error-- : " bad string"

Hi All, wen i am running a script . its giveing the below error and hanging there Bad string ******************* Please enter the following details one by one --------------------------------------------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

separate "named daemon" message from /var/adm/messages

Hello group, How can I separate "named daemon" messages to the other file instead of /var/adm/messages. I still want all other daemons log the messages to /var/adm/messages. i.e. named => /var/adm/named.message other daemons => /var/adm/messages. I searched unix.com, and google but I still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
5 Replies

5. Solaris

"! bad user (root)" in cron log

I am getting the following error in the cron log: ! bad user (root) Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 < root 8989 c Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 rc=1 What does this mean? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Repeated error - "se_hdlc: clone device must be attached before use" in /var/adm/messages

Below is the error being repeated on my Solaris 9 Sun-Fire-V890 machine. SAN team confirmed as everything is fine from their end. I did google and found that some people say its a known Oracle bug when you have Oracle 10G installed on your system but I kind of disagree with them. Please see below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
rpc_xdr(3N)															       rpc_xdr(3N)

NAME
rpc_xdr: xdr_accepted_reply(), xdr_authsys_parms(), xdr_callhdr(), xdr_callmsg(), xdr_opaque_auth(), xdr_rejected_reply(), xdr_replymsg() - XDR library routines for remote procedure calls SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These routines are used for describing the RPC messages in XDR language. They should normally be used by those who do not want to use the RPC package directly. Routines See rpc(3N) for the definition of the data structure. Used to translate between RPC reply messages and their external representation. It includes the status of the RPC call in the XDR language format. In the case of success, it also includes the call results. Used for describing UNIX operating system credentials. It includes machine-name, uid, gid list, etc. Used for describing RPC call header messages. It encodes the static part of the call message header in the XDR language format. It includes information such as transaction ID, RPC version number, program, and version number. Used for describing RPC call messages. This includes all the RPC call information such as transaction ID, RPC version number, program number, version number, authentica- tion information, etc. This is normally used by servers to determine information about the client RPC call. Used for describing RPC opaque authentication information messages. Used for describing RPC reply messages. It encodes the rejected RPC message in the XDR language format. The message could be rejected either because of version number mis- match or because of authentication errors. Used for describing RPC reply messages. It translates between the RPC reply message and its external representation. This reply could be either an acceptance, rejection, or NULL. MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. RETURN VALUE
These routines return if they succeed, otherwise. SEE ALSO
rpc(3N), xdr(3N). rpc_xdr(3N)