Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE No IP address displayed in who command Post 302615199 by Arun_Linux on Thursday 29th of March 2012 09:10:01 AM
Old 03-29-2012
yes W isnt displaying the ipaddress.
Can you pls tell me which log file should i look into ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for showing IP Address

Hi everyone, nice forum! I need to know if there's a command that will show the IP Address of the machine you are logged into. Eg when you type hostname it returns the name of the machine, I need one that returns the IP address only. Can anyone help or suggest commands that are almost what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to know the IP address

I know the hostname of the m/c which is in the network... whats d command to know the ip address associated with the hostname. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Help Required: Command to find IP address and command executed of a user

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would figure out who has run which command and their IP. As i dont have any clue as to which commands would do this job, i request some gurus to help me on this. Thanks Vishwas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedout
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how grep the inet address for in ifconfig command

hi, i want to know how to grep inet address for below below is the output of ifconfig command /home/JA> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:0A:5B:2E:E9 inet addr:161.239.203.18 Bcast:161.239.203.127 Mask:255.255.255.128 UP BROADCAST RUNNING... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Console - root command prompt displayed twice after hitting enter

Dear All, I hope you can help me. I have a pair of E2900's I've inherited. Both running Solaris 9. Both have LOM> consoles. The problem I'm experiencing only occurs when connected to the /dev/console tty. Whenever I hit 'Enter' for a new line, I receive two new lines: - myhost# ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleith
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Get IP address Command.

i need to pull ip address out after this command ifconfig | grep jnc0 -1 output: BOBVILLAMAC:~ bvilla$ ifconfig | grep jnc0 -1 inet 10.16.91.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.16.91.255 does anyone know how to do that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyKracker23
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find heartbeat ip address with cllsif command

hi~~ my Os is 6.1 i want to find heartbeat ip address from below result. i think, is it en7 onto both nodes? /usr/es/sbin/cluster/utilities/cllsif Adapter Type Network Net Type Attribute Node IP Address Hardware Address Interface Name Global Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
2 Replies
ID(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     ID(1)

NAME
id -- return user identity SYNOPSIS
id [user] id -G [-n] [user] id -g [-nr] [user] id -p [user] id -u [-nr] [user] DESCRIPTION
The id utility displays the user and group names and numeric IDs, of the calling process, to the standard output. If the real and effective IDs are different, both are displayed, otherwise only the real ID is displayed. If a user (login name or user ID) is specified, the user and group IDs of that user are displayed. In this case, the real and effective IDs are assumed to be the same. The options are as follows: -G Display the different group IDs (effective, real and supplementary) as white-space separated numbers, in no particular order. -g Display the effective group ID as a number. -n Display the name of the user or group ID for the -G, -g and -u options instead of the number. If any of the ID numbers cannot be mapped into names, the number will be displayed as usual. -p Make the output human-readable. If the user name returned by getlogin(2) is different from the login name referenced by the user ID, the name returned by getlogin(2) is displayed, preceded by the keyword ``login''. The user ID as a name is displayed, preceded by the keyword ``uid''. If the effective user ID is different from the real user ID, the real user ID is displayed as a name, preceded by the keyword ``euid''. If the effective group ID is different from the real group ID, the real group ID is displayed as a name, preceded by the keyword ``rgid''. The list of groups to which the user belongs is then displayed as names, preceded by the keyword ``groups''. Each display is on a separate line. -r Display the real ID for the -g and -u options instead of the effective ID. -u Display the effective user ID as a number. The id utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
who(1) STANDARDS
The id function is expected to conform to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
The historic groups(1) command is equivalent to ``id -Gn [user]''. The historic whoami(1) command is equivalent to ``id -un''. The id command first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
May 5, 1994 BSD