Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat /var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen" Post 302614529 by amarlinux on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 02:54:12 PM
Old 03-28-2012
Sorry about the delay, No it dont display those info, and its a vmware environment. So as per vendor policy they wont disclose the NICs physical info. I am aware of the bug previously reported. But not sure if its a jumbo frame. Any other guesses? the output is below:

# uname -r
2.6.18-274.12.1.el5

# ifconfig ethX | grep MTU
ethX: error fetching interface information: Device not found
# ethtool -i ethX | grep driver
Cannot get driver information: No such device

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX "TCP/IP not licensed error"

I have been running 5.0.02 for more than 10 years in its present configuration. I am running a business software package on it (text based). I am trying to use my windows machines to access it through a program like "reflections" so that I can run my software from different systems but I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parkegio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error-- : " bad string"

Hi All, wen i am running a script . its giveing the below error and hanging there Bad string ******************* Please enter the following details one by one --------------------------------------------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

separate "named daemon" message from /var/adm/messages

Hello group, How can I separate "named daemon" messages to the other file instead of /var/adm/messages. I still want all other daemons log the messages to /var/adm/messages. i.e. named => /var/adm/named.message other daemons => /var/adm/messages. I searched unix.com, and google but I still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
5 Replies

5. Solaris

"! bad user (root)" in cron log

I am getting the following error in the cron log: ! bad user (root) Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 < root 8989 c Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 rc=1 What does this mean? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Repeated error - "se_hdlc: clone device must be attached before use" in /var/adm/messages

Below is the error being repeated on my Solaris 9 Sun-Fire-V890 machine. SAN team confirmed as everything is fine from their end. I did google and found that some people say its a known Oracle bug when you have Oracle 10G installed on your system but I kind of disagree with them. Please see below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
LGE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LGE(4)

NAME
lge -- Level 1 LXT1001 NetCellerator PCI Gigabit Ethernet adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device lge Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_lge_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The lge driver provides support for various NICs based on the Level 1 LXT1001 NetCellerator Gigabit Ethernet controller chip. The LXT1001 supports fiber PHYs and also a GMII port for use with 10/100/1000 copper PHYs, however there are currently no NICs on the market that use this feature. The LXT1001 supports TCP/IP checksum offload for receive and VLAN-based filtering as well as a 64-bit multicast hash filter. It also sup- ports jumbo frames, which can be configured via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit jumbo frames. Using jumbo frames can greatly improve performance for certain tasks, such as file transfers and data streaming. The lge driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to rc.conf(5). 1000baseSX Set 1000baseSX operation over fiber optic cable. Both full-duplex and half-duplex modes are supported. The lge driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Force full duplex operation. half-duplex Force half duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
Adapters supported by the lge driver include: o SMC TigerCard 1000 (SMC9462SX) o D-Link DGE-500SX DIAGNOSTICS
lge%d: couldn't map memory A fatal initialization error has occurred. lge%d: couldn't map ports A fatal initialization error has occurred. lge%d: couldn't map interrupt A fatal initialization error has occurred. lge%d: no memory for softc struct! The driver failed to allocate memory for per-device instance information during initialization. lge%d: failed to enable memory mapping! The driver failed to initialize PCI shared memory mapping. This might happen if the card is not in a bus-master slot. lge%d: no memory for jumbo buffers! The driver failed to allocate memory for jumbo frames during initialization. lge%d: watchdog timeout The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable). SEE ALSO
arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) Level 1 LXT1001 Programming Manual, http://www.FreeBSD.org/~wpaul/Level1/LXT1001SRM.pdf. HISTORY
The lge device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
The lge driver was written by Bill Paul <william.paul@windriver.com>. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD