Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming stdio.h not found on Solaris 11 Post 302609359 by jlliagre on Monday 19th of March 2012 06:14:18 PM
Old 03-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by achenle
Looks like an incomplete install of Solaris 11.
/usr/lib/stdio.h is not part of some default Solaris installations.
It can be installed with this command:
Code:
# pkg install system/header

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh not found in solaris

Hi , I am new to solaris world but worked in unix for a while . I have this solaris box version 8 .I am trying to run a simple unix file . Q.shl cat Q.shl #!/bin/ksh db2 get connection state When I run the file I get following error : Q.shl ksh: Q.shl: not found This is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 Interface not found:NIC

Hi Gurus Im a fresher and im working.I installed solaris 10 on my windows PC(dual boot) but im not able plumb my interface..everytime i use ifconfig command and tried different interfaces like eri0,ce0 etc but its displaying that interface not found.I know that there is some problem with... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print not found in Solaris

Hi, i have these script whether to find a script is running or not echo "Checking if job is running mail.sh" ((numproc=`ps -aef |grep mail.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l`)) print numproc if ((numproc == 0 )) then print "OKAY to start mail.sh" else PAGEDT=`date|cut... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
3 Replies

4. Programming

Atomic Read and Write with stdio

hi guys. can we use fread and fwrite with pipes to write data more than PIPE_BUF atomically since they lock FILE object until I/O operation finish? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

5. Programming

stdio.h vs unistd.h I/O

Hi guys. To work with physical files, sockets, pipes, ... which library is good? stdio or unistd stdio.h functions perform buffering and rationally should be better than unistd.h routines. but i am wondering why all UNIX programming books use unistd.h routines for almost all types of I/O... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
7 Replies

6. Programming

FILE structure - stdio.h

Hi All, I am new to linux and Programming. Inside the file stdio.h, there is a description about FILE structure. Which has many internal data members like _p, _r, _flags etc. I have written a sample code to find out the contents of the FILE structure. It opens a sample file ( FILE *fp ),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikunjbadjatya
5 Replies

7. Solaris

fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

Trying to compile a C program recievin this hello.c:1:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory gcc is installed on the system. echo $PATH /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/gcc/4.5/include/c++/4.5.2/tr1 root@Sol11swtb01:/media/NO NAME/Programming/C/Testing# cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
2 Replies

8. Programming

C++ : is what the meaning of #include<stdio.h>?

Hello Guys, I'm new in programing line & just started from C++ programs but i don't know the meaning of #include<stdio.h> file....Guys tell me what's the working of this file in C++ program?? I'm confused... Title changed: Please use a descriptive subject text, and not C++?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris: File Not Found

Hi, Why do I get this in Solaris 11? huamin@SOL11I:~$ ls /etc/user_addr /etc/user_addr: No such file or directory Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Baisc commands in Solaris 10 not found

I just installed Solaris 10 on my virtual machine. firstly I want to complie a c program using gcc but "the gcc is not found" so I looked for a way and try to install the gcc and I tried the following command pkg install gcc-45 but however, the "pkg is not found as well" I also tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberts123
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)