Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to turn on or off FIREWALL in solaris 10 Post 302607267 by @dagio on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 03:41:52 AM
Old 03-14-2012
To enable FW
Code:
svcadm enable svc:/network/ipfilter:default

To disable it
Code:
svcadm disable svc:/network/ipfilter:default

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Firewall

Can anyone suggest me a personal firewall for my Solaris machines I would like to go for open source not a commercial package DP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Raptor Firewall on Solaris 7.0.4

I installed Raptor FW on Solaris 7.0.4. Platform is SUN V210 with at least four ethernet interfaces. For security, normally, we turned off routing on a Unix box (which by default is ON, right?). But if it is a firewall, i'd think you'd want the SUN to route. We aren't getting packets delivered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ireeneek
1 Replies

3. SuSE

RH8.0 firewall WILL NOT turn off

I have been trying to disable the firewall on a new install of RH8(Psyche). It will NOT stay disabled. I've gone thru system tools, security level and disabled it, and it says YES, like it will save my settings, but when i open it up again, it is always back to HIGH. I also tried using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

4. Linux

Turn off firewall in RH8.0

I'm attempting to turn off the firewall (yes, we are in a secure network, as much as that means nowadays), not open to the internet, however, I can't get the firewall to turn off, it won't allow users to ftp to it, or use a terminal emulator to log in, or telnet. And whenever I try to disable the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris firewall?

Hi, I just recently managed to install solaris. And just today I was finally able to get it to go online, by default it wouldn't let me go online. Anyway, I was wondering where one can buy a good UNIX firewall software along the lines of Sygate or MaAffee? Do they even sell firewalls for Unix? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lightworker1
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to turn on Audit trial for Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know how to turn on Solaris 8 audt trial Thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
2 Replies

7. Programming

Firewall development for Solaris

I want to develop a firewall for solaris 10. I search a lot for APIs for developing firewall But there is no helping material for it. Please tell me which APIs,Book,Tutorial I should study. Also tell me links which having details how to develop firewall for Solaris. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 8 firewall

hi all, how do i verify if my solaris 8 server have firewall installed on the os? thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris turn off multipath mpxio

Im not able to turn the multipath off on the solaris s10 X86...since im on FC boot.. if i disable multipath , from /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf then im not able to boot the machine.:wall: Is there any other go or any suggestions . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowtham.varma
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 8/11 As a firewall

I have a Sunfire V120 that I have Solaris 10 8/11 installed on. The two interfaces are eri0 and eri1. Eri0 is my internal 192.168.0.1 Eri1 is my external 66.160.210.209 Router ip 66.160.210.209 I have enabled routing with routeadm and I have Solaris Native DHCP installed and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlouki01
4 Replies
svc.configd(1M) 														   svc.configd(1M)

NAME
svc.configd - Service Management Facility repository daemon SYNOPSIS
/lib/svc/bin/svc.configd svc.configd is the repository daemon for the Service Management Facility. svc.configd is invoked automatically during system startup, and restarted if any failures occur. svc.configd should never be invoked directly. Interaction with svc.configd is by way of libscf(3LIB) and the command line tools:svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), and svccfg(1M). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), libscf(3LIB), attributes(5) 27 Oct 2004 svc.configd(1M)