Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is wrong with tiny (g)awk line ?? Post 302606397 by Franklin52 on Sunday 11th of March 2012 08:11:47 AM
Old 03-11-2012
Have a look here:

only-uppercase-first-character

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this line?

system ("$ssh '$perf_stats' < temp_pipe 2>&1 &"); I need to start and interact with my executable defined by perf_stats on a remote machine but not change my command line to that of the remote machine. temp_pipe is a node created by mknod -f temp_pipe (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this expr line

It keeps giving me expr syntax error. expr "${etherline }" : ’.*no match found’ 2>&1 >/dev/null Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk line?

] && { echo "The free mem need to be more than 2G" } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
TOWUPPER(3P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual						      TOWUPPER(3P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
towupper - transliterate lowercase wide-character code to uppercase SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> wint_t towupper(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The towupper() function has as a domain a type wint_t, the value of which the application shall ensure is a character representable as a wchar_t, and a wide-character code corresponding to a valid character in the current locale or the value of WEOF. If the argument has any other value, the behavior is undefined. If the argument of towupper() represents a lowercase wide-character code, and there exists a corre- sponding uppercase wide-character code (as defined by character type information in the program locale category LC_CTYPE ), the result shall be the corresponding uppercase wide-character code. All other arguments in the domain are returned unchanged. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, towupper() shall return the uppercase letter corresponding to the argument passed. Otherwise, it shall return the argument unchanged. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
setlocale(), the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Chapter 7, Locale, <wctype.h>, <wchar.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 TOWUPPER(3P)