Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Routing RTNETLINK answers: No such process Post 302606036 by mark54g on Friday 9th of March 2012 11:31:28 AM
Old 03-09-2012
I figured that the problem was one of routing. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic script for yes and no answers

What is the basic syntax for a script that says do you want to do this? y - execute this n - end not y or n - end and print this for example if I want to run this: "Do you want to start this process?" answer if y,Y, or yes then run the following script (do I put the script with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need FIX for: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

OK...I'm using the latest version of Fedora 10. My network connection was working fine, and I had several network LAN shares on my desktop. Then I rebooted the system without dismounting those shares first. ooops. <:( ...When the system came back up, my network connection was gone. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pudnik
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question and answers

Hello All, I need to prepare for interview. Can any body help me with interview question and answers pls.. Regards, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

5. Linux

bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink

Hi all, OS: fedora release 10 when i try to restart network service, ending up with following errors. There are two interfaces eth0 and eth1 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers file exists error adding <IP Address here> to eth0 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

What's the rtnetlink behavior if adding or removing ethernet?

Hello All, While I am studying on RTNETLINK, I understand that the kernel will send RTM_ADDLINK or RTM_DELLINK if interface is added/removed at kernel space. However, I have a question regarding to the RTNETLINK message if adding or removing ethernet to/from bridge? Since adding or removing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urnoicxk
0 Replies

8. Programming

Always giving the answers as 1

Hi, I have wrote a python program to sum the numbers in a list.However its giving answer one. Please advise. MyList = Number = int(input("Please enter number:")) for i in range(1, Number + 1): value = int(input("Enter Numbers %d:" %i)) MyList.append(value) total =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
SCAPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SCAPY(1)

NAME
scapy - Interactive packet manipulation tool SYNOPSIS
scapy [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the scapy tool. scapy is a powerful interactive packet manipulation tool, packet generator, network scanner, network discovery, packet sniffer, etc. It can for the moment replace hping, parts of nmap, arpspoof, arp-sk, arping, tcpdump, tshark, p0f, ... scapy uses the python interpreter as a command board. That means that you can use directly python language (assign variables, use loops, define functions, etc.) If you give a file as parameter when you run scapy, your session (variables, functions, intances, ...) will be saved when you leave the interpretor, and restored the next time you launch scapy. The idea is simple. Those kind of tools do two things : sending packets and receiving answers. That's what scapy does : you define a set of packets, it sends them, receives answers, matches requests with answers and returns a list of packet couples (request, answer) and a list of unmatched packets. This has the big advantage over tools like nmap or hping that an answer is not reduced to (open/closed/filtered), but is the whole packet. On top of this can be build more high level functions, for example one that does traceroutes and give as a result only the start TTL of the request and the source IP of the answer. One that pings a whole network and gives the list of machines answering. One that does a portscan and returns a LaTeX report. OPTIONS
Options for scapy are: -h display usage -d increase log verbosity. Can be used many times. -s FILE use FILE to save/load session values (variables, functions, intances, ...) -p PRESTART_FILE use PRESTART_FILE instead of $HOME/.scapy_prestart.py as pre-startup file -P do not run prestart file -c STARTUP_FILE use STARTUP_FILE instead of $HOME/.scapy_startup.py as startup file -C do not run startup file COMMANDS
Only the vital commands to begin are listed here for the moment. ls() lists supported protocol layers. If a protocol layer is given as parameter, lists its fields and types of fields. lsc() lists some user commands. If a command is given as parameter, its documentation is displayed. conf this object contains the configuration. FILES
$HOME/.scapy_prestart.py This file is run before scapy core is loaded. Only the is available. This file can be used to manipulate conf.load_layers list to choose which layers will be loaded: conf.load_layers.remove("bluetooth") conf.load_layers.append("new_layer") $HOME/.scapy_startup.py This file is run after scapy is loaded. It can be used to configure some of the scapy behaviors: conf.prog.pdfreader="xpdf" split_layers(UDP,DNS) EXAMPLES
More verbose examples are available at http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/demo.html Just run scapy and try the following commands in the interpreter. Test the robustness of a network stack with invalid packets: sr(IP(dst="172.16.1.1", ihl=2, options="b$2$", version=3)/ICMP()) Packet sniffing and dissection (with a bpf filter or thetereal-like output): a=sniff(filter="tcp port 110") a=sniff(prn = lambda x: x.display) Sniffed packet reemission: a=sniff(filter="tcp port 110") sendp(a) Pcap file packet reemission: sendp(rdpcap("file.cap")) Manual TCP traceroute: sr(IP(dst="www.google.com", ttl=(1,30))/TCP(seq=RandInt(), sport=RandShort(), dport=dport) Protocol scan: sr(IP(dst="172.16.1.28", proto=(1,254))) ARP ping: srp(Ether(dst="ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff")/ARP(pdst="172.16.1.1/24")) ACK scan: sr(IP(dst="172.16.1.28")/TCP(dport=(1,1024), flags="A")) Passive OS fingerprinting: sniff(prn=prnp0f) Active OS fingerprinting: nmap_fp("172.16.1.232") ARP cache poisonning: sendp(Ether(dst=tmac)/ARP(op="who-has", psrc=victim, pdst=target)) Reporting: report_ports("192.168.2.34", (20,30)) SEE ALSO
http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy http://trac.secdev.org/scapy BUGS
Does not give the right source IP for routes that use interface aliases. May miss packets under heavy load. Session saving is limited by Python ability to marshal objects. As a consequence, lambda functions and generators can't be saved, which seriously reduce usefulness of this feature. BPF filters don't work on Point-to-point interfaces. AUTHOR
Philippe Biondi <phil@secdev.org> This manual page was written by Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@agi.as> and Philippe Biondi. May 12, 2003 SCAPY(1)