Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat /var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen" Post 302605686 by thmnetwork on Thursday 8th of March 2012 08:16:31 AM
Old 03-08-2012
What kernel version are you on? Also is the output of both these commands ran on each of the interfaces?

Code:
# ifconfig ethX | grep MTU
# ethtool -i ethX | grep driver

Basically there was a rpc regression a while back where if you were using jumbo frames then it would kick out the same error.

Last edited by thmnetwork; 03-08-2012 at 10:13 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX "TCP/IP not licensed error"

I have been running 5.0.02 for more than 10 years in its present configuration. I am running a business software package on it (text based). I am trying to use my windows machines to access it through a program like "reflections" so that I can run my software from different systems but I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parkegio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error-- : " bad string"

Hi All, wen i am running a script . its giveing the below error and hanging there Bad string ******************* Please enter the following details one by one --------------------------------------------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

separate "named daemon" message from /var/adm/messages

Hello group, How can I separate "named daemon" messages to the other file instead of /var/adm/messages. I still want all other daemons log the messages to /var/adm/messages. i.e. named => /var/adm/named.message other daemons => /var/adm/messages. I searched unix.com, and google but I still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
5 Replies

5. Solaris

"! bad user (root)" in cron log

I am getting the following error in the cron log: ! bad user (root) Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 < root 8989 c Wed Sep 22 14:30:00 2010 rc=1 What does this mean? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Repeated error - "se_hdlc: clone device must be attached before use" in /var/adm/messages

Below is the error being repeated on my Solaris 9 Sun-Fire-V890 machine. SAN team confirmed as everything is fine from their end. I did google and found that some people say its a known Oracle bug when you have Oracle 10G installed on your system but I kind of disagree with them. Please see below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
rpc_xdr(3)						     Library Functions Manual							rpc_xdr(3)

NAME
rpc_xdr, xdr_accepted_reply, xdr_authunix_parms, xdr_callhdr, xdr_callmsg, xdr_opaque_auth, xdr_rejected_reply, xdr_replymsg - XDR library routines for ONC remote procedure calls SYNOPSIS
#include <rpc/xdr.h> xdr_accepted_reply( XDR *xdrs, struct accepted_reply *ar); xdr_authunix_parms( XDR *xdrs, struct authunix_parms *aupp); void xdr_callhdr( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *chdr); xdr_callmsg( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *cmsg); xdr_opaque_auth( XDR *xdrs, struct opaque_auth *ap); xdr_rejected_reply( XDR *xdrs, struct rejected_reply *rr); xdr_replymsg( XDR *xdrs, struct rpc_msg *rmsg); DESCRIPTION
These routines allow C programs to make procedure calls on other machines across the network. First, the client calls a procedure to send a data packet to the server. Upon receipt of the packet, the server calls a dispatch routine to perform the requested service, and then sends back a reply. Finally, the procedure call returns to the client. Unless otherwise indicated, the routines described in this reference page are thread safe (that is, they can be used safely in a multi- threaded environment). Routines that are not thread safe are flagged as such. Encodes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes UNIX credentials. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate these credentials without using the RPC authentication package. Describes RPC call header messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC call messages. This routine is use- ful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC authentication information messages. This routine is useful for users who wish to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who want to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. Describes RPC reply messages. This routine is useful for users who want to generate RPC-style messages without using the RPC package. RELATED INFORMATION
rpc_clnt(3), rpc_misc(3), rpc_svc(3), xdr(3) Remote Procedure Calls: Protocol Specifications - RFC 1050 delim off rpc_xdr(3)