Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trying to view contents of an existing script Post 302604168 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 12:12:03 PM
Old 03-03-2012
Code:
gew "check_traffic -v"

Not an error. Assume that code is run by username user1, as root:
Code:
su - user1
user1>  which gew
exit

gew is a command or an alias. On safe systems root should never have all of those oddball aliases and PATH values assigned. You have to go to whoever runs it to decode it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the contents of .gz file without extracting the file?

Hi All, I have several .gz files and i need to see the contents of these file, without extracting these file. If i extract these file the space will be full so. I need to see the contents and parse the contents to a script to extract data from these. Please let me know if you need any more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)							 1							 TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)

tidy::getOptDoc - Returns the documentation for the given option name

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
string tidy::getOptDoc (string $optname) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string tidy_get_opt_doc (tidy $object, string $optname) tidy_get_opt_doc(3) returns the documentation for the given option name. Note You need at least libtidy from 25 April, 2005 for this function be available. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. o $optname - The option name RETURN VALUES
Returns a string if the option exists and has documentation available, or FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Print all options along with their documentation and default value <?php $tidy = new tidy; $config = $tidy->getConfig(); ksort($config); foreach ($config as $opt => $val) { if (!$doc = $tidy->getOptDoc($opt)) $doc = 'no documentation available!'; $val = ($tidy->getOpt($opt) === true) ? 'true' : $val; $val = ($tidy->getOpt($opt) === false) ? 'false' : $val; echo "<p><b>$opt</b> (default: '$val')<br />". "$doc</p><hr /> "; } ?> SEE ALSO
tidy.getconfig(3), tidy.getopt(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY.GETOPTDOC(3)