Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How - Heapdump in Linux - kill -3 Post 302602918 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 04:41:25 PM
Old 02-28-2012
Heapdump is a java thing.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

2. AIX

heapdump full the /

Hi everybody; Javaecore files and heapdump created every day in my system in the "/" and make it full. Is there any way to disable this core files or change there directory from the "/" to "/tmp". Note that AIX level is 5.2 with ML 6. BeSt ReGaRs (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalifah
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to kill find with kill -9

Hello everyone I am using HP Ux and had run a find command. Now I am trying to kill it with kill or kill -9 but it is not getting killed and still running. Any clues ? Thanks Sidhu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
5 Replies

4. Programming

kill(0,-9) don't kill the process

Hi all i have simple c program , when i wish to kill the app im using kill(0,-9) , but it seams this command don't do any thing and the program. just ignore it . what im doing wrong here ? im using HP-UX ia64 Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

6. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to analyze heapdump/coredump in solaris

Hello Friends, Need your help !! I have WebSphere Application Server 6 running on Solaris 10, some of my applications are facing out of memory errors. I have tried increasing the heapsize, still I am getting same messages randomly. I have used kill -3 <PID> to generate the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command in linux OS

How to undo the kill command in Linux OS? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot kill a process with kill -9

Hello everyone, I have a process that I want to kill. I have tried kill-9 PID but it doesn't work. I have tried preap PID but it doesn't work too. The parent of my process is the process whose PID is 1, so I can't kill it. My OS is a Solaris 9. Can anyone help me understand what's going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies
MYSQLI_KILL(3)								 1							    MYSQLI_KILL(3)

mysqli::kill - Asks the server to kill a MySQL thread

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli::kill (int $processid) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_kill (mysqli $link, int $processid) This function is used to ask the server to kill a MySQL thread specified by the $processid parameter. This value must be retrieved by calling the mysqli_thread_id(3) function. To stop a running query you should use the SQL command KILL QUERY processid. PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqli::kill example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = $mysqli->thread_id; /* Kill connection */ $mysqli->kill($thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!$mysqli->query("CREATE TABLE myCity LIKE City")) { printf("Error: %s ", $mysqli->error); exit; } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = mysqli_thread_id($link); /* Kill connection */ mysqli_kill($link, $thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!mysqli_query($link, "CREATE TABLE myCity LIKE City")) { printf("Error: %s ", mysqli_error($link)); exit; } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Error: MySQL server has gone away SEE ALSO
mysqli_thread_id(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_KILL(3)