Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Firefox 8 install on slack 13.37 Post 302602121 by dragonnefyre on Sunday 26th of February 2012 03:46:42 AM
Old 02-26-2012
Bug Re: Firefox 8 install on slack 13.37

When running removepkg it does not matter where you are in the filesystem. However you need to either be in the same directory as the new packages or specify the path. I make sure I am in the same directory, it makes life easier. I always save the other files as well. They are used to ensure their source. I am sure others will correct me if I am wrong.

I have a download directory where I save my downloads (source code, mostly from SlackBuilds dot org - not allowed to out urls in yet, not enough posts) plus one for the version of Slackware I am using which also has a sub-directory called patches where I download all the patches to. I use wget to download all the files from one of the Slackware mirrors (I use heanet.ie as it seems to be the quickest for me). I hope this helps.

Andy.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

'cp' and slack space

Does the 'cp' command copy the slack space of the copied file to the new location(e.g. CDROM, TAPE)? I've read that slack space is only copied in a bitstream copy/backup. Is the 'cp' utility a bitstream copy? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viRaven
1 Replies

2. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install firefox extensions for all users

Hello, I am wondering the "new way" to install firefox extensions for all users. From https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Command_Line_Options we can see that the "old way" is no longer available. I'm using the Lucid UNE to write this and note that it has these extensions installed for every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firefox: Setting about:config options upon install

Is there a way to set the about:config options for Firefox automatically as part of the installation of Firefox? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

install multiple versions of firefox in linux

Since apt-get and yum won't let you install multiple versions of firefox I will explain how to here. 1. Go to this page and decide which version of firefox you want. ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ I used this one. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox install old addons help

Can anyone tell me why the installing old addons method by changing the install.rdf max version is not working with Tab Mix Plus? I changed the maxVersion to both 17.* and 17.0. I get the error message: Tab mix plus could not be installed because it is not compatible with firefox 17.0. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies
FLUSH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLUSH(1)

NAME
Flush - GTK-based BitTorrent client SYNOPSIS
flush [OPTIONS] [TORRENT_FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Flush is a GTK-based BitTorrent client. You can use it to download files from the BitTorrent network. You can control already running instance, for example, by following commands: flush -o --download-rate-limit=100 flush --start=all FEATURES
* Controlling running instance by command line interface, such as: * Starting/stopping torrents. * Changing download/upload rate limit. * Changing maximum connections limit. * Running many instances with different configs from the same user. * Automatic copying finished downloads to specified directory. * Setting custom download path for each file of the torrent. * Ability to choose torrent file's character set encoding. * Automatic torrents loading from specified directory. * Automatic pausing and removing old torrents. * Temporary pausing and resuming torrents. * Overall and current session statistics. * Creating your own torrent files. * IP filter. OPTIONS
--version Show program version and exit. --help Show help options and exit. --config=DIRECTORY Configuration directory path (default: ~/.flush). --download-rate-limit=SPEED Set download rate limit (KB/s). --upload-rate-limit=SPEED Set upload rate limit (KB/s). --max-uploads=NUMBER Set maximum uploads. --max-connections=NUMBER Set maximum connections. --start={all,downloads,uploads} Start torrents. --stop={all,downloads,uploads} Stop torrents. -o, --only-pass Only pass commands to already running Flush instance. Does not start new instance if it is not running yet. FILES
~/.flush Default configuration directory. BUGS
On startup Flush finds already running instances via DBus session bus. Therefore it is necessary to run Flush in a single session bus (usual in X session bus) to prevent running several instances with one configuration path. Please notice that when you are running Flush from console or by cron, when DISPLAY environment variable is not available, Flush finds already running GUI instance without problems via ${config_path}/dbus_session link, which all GUI instances are creating when they have owned DBus name. This makes it possible to control running Flush GUI instances from cron. AUTHOR
Flush was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. Jun 11, 2009 FLUSH(1)