Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a sed script to change ip addresses in a file Post 302599228 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 12:46:45 PM
Old 02-16-2012
If you mean vim as in vim in the shell, probably. if you mean vim as in a Windows implementation, I have no idea.

Code:
sed 's/cat/dog/g;s/lion/tiger/g;s/bear/shark/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating virtual ip addresses

i am running solaris 9 i now how to create virtual ip address but how do i keep them so when the server reboots they are still there?...THANX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change IP addresses in command mode...

How do I change IP addresses in command mode? i need to assign custom (non DHCP) addresses from the command line. Actually I also need to know how to change the subnet mask, the gateway and the primary, secondary, ... dns servers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Super.Anyak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get all ip addresses of servers into a file

Hi all i need to create a script that pings every server in my range (0-254) adn then returns the values to a file? can anyone please help. i am working in the tcsh ( and yes i know how to ping ) but i dont know how to ping them all in one script without copying and pasting a 254 times? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed script to change timecode string

Need some help. I need to run a script to modify a csv file. Here is an example off a few lines from the csv 98M-01.WAV,98M,01,00:00:49,01:07:36:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", 98L-01.WAV,98L,01,00:00:51,01:01:45:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", I need a sed script to find all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrc2250
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change user while creating spool file

Hi, I have a script which generate a HTML file from a unix user. Script spool the data extracted from DB using sqlplus. Problem is html file which gets generated is automatically assigned/owned with oracle user so my unix user just having read only permission to that HTML file. So I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File name change with sed

I have a bunch of text files like this: Sample_S1_L001_R1.txt Sample_S10_L001_R1.txt Sample_S11_L001_R1.txt I am using the following script to add a 0 to those files with a single digit after the S: ls *.txt | sed 's/\(.*_S\)\(_.*\)/mv & \10\2/' | sh And then the following script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using sed to change file into an awk script

Hi I want to use sed to change a text files input into an awk script. For example if the input says " chord -- english " I want to change this using sed 's/pattern 1 /pattern 2 /'g filename but I don't understand how to use part of the pattern 1 to input that into pattern 2 . Like after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enforcer
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk or sed script to count number of occurrences and creating an average

Hi Friends , I am having one problem as stated file . Having an input CSV file as shown in the code U_TOP_LOGIC/U_HPB2/U_HBRIDGE2/i_core/i_paddr_reg_2_/Q,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)