Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a sed script to change ip addresses in a file Post 302599225 by uradunce on Thursday 16th of February 2012 12:42:01 PM
Old 02-16-2012
Will I be able to tell if the scripts have bad characters if I open it with vim?

Also I don't know how to use sed with multiple expressions. Your example isn't clear to me.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating virtual ip addresses

i am running solaris 9 i now how to create virtual ip address but how do i keep them so when the server reboots they are still there?...THANX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change IP addresses in command mode...

How do I change IP addresses in command mode? i need to assign custom (non DHCP) addresses from the command line. Actually I also need to know how to change the subnet mask, the gateway and the primary, secondary, ... dns servers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Super.Anyak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get all ip addresses of servers into a file

Hi all i need to create a script that pings every server in my range (0-254) adn then returns the values to a file? can anyone please help. i am working in the tcsh ( and yes i know how to ping ) but i dont know how to ping them all in one script without copying and pasting a 254 times? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed script to change timecode string

Need some help. I need to run a script to modify a csv file. Here is an example off a few lines from the csv 98M-01.WAV,98M,01,00:00:49,01:07:36:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", 98L-01.WAV,98L,01,00:00:51,01:01:45:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", I need a sed script to find all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrc2250
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change user while creating spool file

Hi, I have a script which generate a HTML file from a unix user. Script spool the data extracted from DB using sqlplus. Problem is html file which gets generated is automatically assigned/owned with oracle user so my unix user just having read only permission to that HTML file. So I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File name change with sed

I have a bunch of text files like this: Sample_S1_L001_R1.txt Sample_S10_L001_R1.txt Sample_S11_L001_R1.txt I am using the following script to add a 0 to those files with a single digit after the S: ls *.txt | sed 's/\(.*_S\)\(_.*\)/mv & \10\2/' | sh And then the following script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using sed to change file into an awk script

Hi I want to use sed to change a text files input into an awk script. For example if the input says " chord -- english " I want to change this using sed 's/pattern 1 /pattern 2 /'g filename but I don't understand how to use part of the pattern 1 to input that into pattern 2 . Like after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enforcer
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk or sed script to count number of occurrences and creating an average

Hi Friends , I am having one problem as stated file . Having an input CSV file as shown in the code U_TOP_LOGIC/U_HPB2/U_HBRIDGE2/i_core/i_paddr_reg_2_/Q,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)